About The Position
Redwood Brands' portfolio is the most compelling and global portfolio of independent spirits brands. We help independent spirits producers reach their customers through sales & distribution. Redwood Brands was formed with the mission of offering the best founder-led beverage brands a long-term sales solution, while creating an environment that will allow the founders of these companies to focus on brand building with the trade and consumers.
We are a team of experienced sales professionals who understand the challenges smaller brands face in the American market and help their founders navigate this dynamic environment.
This is an incredible opportunity for an entrepreneurially-minded professional to contribute to the building of Redwood Brands as an organization, to be a part of building an exciting portfolio of spirits and to be at the forefront of highest level of spirits brand-building in the US.
The Area Manager position is responsible for the development, alignment, and communication of market-level On and Off Premise account strategy and plans to support the overall distribution and depletion plans within the market. This position works cross-functionally across RWB's Regional Director, Brand Trade Marketing Manager, RWB Strategic Accounts Team, and the distributor to build and execute market level strategies within our customers. This role requires a strategic capability and an ability to influence at all levels of the organization. This role reports directly into the Western Regional Director and is based in Northern California.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver annual volume, POD and programming targets.
- Build and lead retail strategy for spirits in specified geographies in conjunction with the RWB Regional Director, RWB Strategic Accounts Team and local distributor chain and trade development teams.
- Develop consultative relationships with assigned accounts to deliver ongoing volume and programming objectives. Key Accounts will be assigned, On and Off Premise
- Identify, build and execute programming with key retailers and distributor teams to accelerate growth/priority brands
- Conduct consistent On Premise visits to develop relationships within assigned accounts.
- Plan, assess & drive execution against Innovation, new items/expanded authorizations, planner/ad support & displays.
- Drive connectivity between RWB and distributor teams to align overall goals and programming plans
- Balance/optimize regional account trade activities to ensure compliance and alignment with overall market strategy
- Request resources and articulate action plan needed to optimize business opportunities.
- Work with RWB sales team to build and support key programming messages to distributor partner.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
Note this position is located in SF Bay Area or Sacramento, Northern California. Relocation WILL NOT be offered
- Established relationships with industry leaders, accounts and distributors in the San Francisco Bay Area or Sacramento, California.
- 5 years of sales experience or commensurate spirits industry education/experience
- Exceptional knowledge of the spirits industry (categories, brands, suppliers, distributors, trade)
- Self-motivated, strategic, goal oriented, with a passion for winning
- Strong organizational, communication and influencing skills are required
- Proven success influencing and developing customer/market strategies and execution plans
- Deep understanding of sales analytics with IRI or Nielsen experience preferred
- Proven experience working effectively within a matrix organization required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Have the knowledge and skills to utilize computer software programs for support in the sales effort.
- Proven abilities to develop selling strategies targeted to enhance wine and spirit sales.
- Ability to work with management, colleagues, and customers throughout the business and industry at every level.
- Ability to develop an effective partnership with all assigned accounts.
(These are required to perform the key responsibilities of the job with or without accommodations)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly
- Must be able to walk, stand, climb, balance, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl on a daily basis
- Must be able to drive a reliable vehicle from account to account
- This job requires travel (up to 20%).