Quintessential Brands Group
Importer and Supplier
2011-01-01View Full Profile
About The Position
Quintessential Brands’ world-class portfolio of premium British gins, Irish Creams and Liqueurs, crafted Irish Whiskies and award-winning French vodka, cognac, and liqueurs offer impeccable credentials and unique provenance. www.quintessentialbrands.com
OUR VISION: Inspired since 1761 by our founder Thomas Dakin, we are dedicated to distilling and crafting the world’s best alcohol brands.
OUR MISSION: To be a leading independent, international spirits business, respected for our enviable portfolio of premium brands, world-class manufacturing capabilities and unique spirit solutions for importers, distributors, and retailers. To maintain and build on our unrivaled heritage and expertise in the crafting of authentic brands and bespoke alcoholic beverages, from “Grain to Glass.”
BASIC FUNCTION: Responsible for commercial and contract sales to, and management of assigned accounts. Core responsibilities include the management of sales programs and presentations and customer service for Regional and National customers (Control State customers where applicable) on behalf of QB’s Commercial Brands/Tactical brands, private and own-label manufacturing services and bulk manufacturing sales to industry partners. Assisting with sales and marketing support for QBNA’s strategic and premium brands.
Key Business Responsibilities
- Rapidly develop existing and new business by expanding our B2B, own label and third party contract business in target North America, Caribbean and LATAM markets.
- Manage customer logs for National and Regional customers and accounts
- Conduct competitor and market analyses and make recommendations about ‘hunt and farm’ strategies to achieve volume, contribution and profit targets to achieve KPI’s
- Target and successfully engage scale retailers, business partners and international brand owners to secure new business contracts across the full range of Quintessential Brands Premium Brands (QBPB), Quintessential Brands Spirits Solutions (QBSS) Tactical Brands, as well as QBSS Spirits Solutions packaging/bottling and other potential services. Inclusive of brokering spirits and categories, not directly produced by Quintessential Brands Group.
- Maintain departmental scheduling and follow-up calendar
- Effectively represent and promote the company to major customers and professional associations to amplify the heritage and provenance of QBNA, QBSS, and the QBG group of companies; sell our capabilities and establish a profitable range of contacts through trade shows, digital/web and all other potential channels
- Contribute to the development of the sales of the QB Americas TTL Brand portfolio across countries & categories – bring and build new drinks categories.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with each key customer so they are fully engaged & aligned to the professionalism of QBG, QBNA, and the QBSS growth agenda in N. America, The Caribbean, and LATAM.
- Effectively represent and promote the company to major customers and professional associations to amplify the heritage and provenance of Quintessential Brands Americas, QBSS, and the QBG group of companies; sell our capabilities and establish a profitable range of contacts through trade shows, digital/web and all other potential channels
- Contribute to the development of the sales of the QB Americas Total brand portfolio across countries & categories – bring and build new drinks categories.
- Recruit, Evaluate, and Develop Lists of Target Customers from all 3 Tiers of the US Alcohol Beverage, inclusive of Control State Boards, Individual State Brokers, and Financial Holdings Groups
- Proactively Preparing Tenders
KEY WORK RELATIONSHIPS: (Internal & External)
- Vice President Contract Sales, CEO and Chairman of QBNA - Work at their direction by delivering stretch & achievable tactical operating and financial plans for allocated markets that reflect QBNA and QB Spirits Solution’s immediate and longer-term objectives and priorities
- QB Spirit Solutions team - Build a close & positive relationship to ensure we are targeting and building solutions-based selling to drive value in the customers categories
- Key Account Customers - Maintain and foster all relationships and expectations for delivery and fulfillment of orders and NPD from all QBG facilities, maintaining strong working relationships and exceptional service with Private label buyers, on and off premise, National Accounts, Contract Customers, Importers and Wholesalers across N. America and LATAM.
- QBNA Regional Sales Managers – assist with execution of the sales pursuit plan ensuring delivery of sales & distribution targets by channel and by SKU
- QBNA/QBG Finance and Marketing Teams - Closely monitor customer and brand P&L control, net price control, operating and financial results against plans and budgets; instigate remedial action where necessary pre-empt, flag and address any significant risks or changes
- QBNA Customer Service Director - Closely work with together to insure Best in Class customer service, Spirits solutions, Order fulfillment, Registration and Compliance with US Federal and State, and LATAM governments.
- Operations and Supply Chain Teams
The position is supported by a Customer Service Director and an Accounting and Control Manager
- Bachelor's degree plus 5-7 years sales and/or marketing experience, or 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Beverage alcohol experience strongly preferred
- Exposure to distributor management within the 3-tier distribution system a plus
- Spirit category knowledge and training a plus
- Demonstrated understanding of
- Sales and Distribution
- Category Development
- Commercial Marketing
- Brand Education
- Proven analytical, strategic thinking, communication and presentaton skills
- Proven experience leading and working with cross-functional teams
- Specific knowledge of how to partner with chain retailers
- Experience in developing and implementing retail marketing programs
- Strong negotiating skills
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Excellent relationship development skills; proven ability to influence
- Entrepreneurial mindset and positive attitude when facing opportunities and challenges
- Proficient in Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to work independently with little supervision; a motivated self-starter
- Ability to analyze and translate insights data.
- Ability and willingness to travel 40% of the time, including some weekends
- Ability and Willingness to work some early mornings, including some weekends, when necessary to manage and facilitate customer orders/needs with UK, IRL, and FR facilities
- Some Understanding of US TTB, and State Alcohol Boards processes
- Knowledge of Consumer Goods, Beverage Production, Procurement, Sourcing and manufacturing processes a plus
- Demonstrated Success putting together a professional tender document (RFP)
- Analytical ability and the capacity to synthesize
- An innate love of people expressed through an ability to empathize, demonstrate respect and inspire confidence
- The self-confidence implicit in being able to make an immediate and favorable impression
- The ability to identify the preferences and requirements of others and to work in common interest to achieve mutual goals
- A desire to excel and succeed. To perform in such a way that good results and the achievement of personal ambitions proceed hand-in-hand
TELL YOUR STORY AND SHARE YOUR DREAMS:
We are a growing company in search of associates who share our ambitions and who want to be a part of a dynamic organization committed to the integrity of its products and the satisfaction of its customers. QBG is not standing still and we want the members of our team to join us in always striving for a bigger and brighter future. Your skills will be respected and play a significant role in our assessment of your application. But your view of life, your abilities and your willingness to join with others in making every day an exciting journey into the future is just as important.
Location: Preferred New York or Dallas metro. Possible in any centrally located metropolitan area with well-established airline service.
Travel: This position requires extensive travel and some weekend assignments.
Benefits: Generous health insurance, including optional family coverage. Auto and auto insurance benefits. Life Insurance and contribution to retirement. Personalized incentive program.
Base Salary: Interview and experience dependent. This is a growth position.
- Reports To Vice President Contract Sales, Americas, CEO – Americas, Chairman, Americas