About The Position
The Strategic Account Manager will lead the National/Regional Chain off premise account activity in an effort to maximize sales opportunities within their strategic area of responsibility. He/she will oversee all sales and marketing activities including strategic planning, program development and management of execution of programming. The Strategic Account Manager will work collaboratively with Regional Sales within Proximo, Marketing Teams within Proximo, and National/Regional Sales within the Distributor Network, to deliver sales and profit goals.
Role & Responsibilities
- Build and develop strong working relationships with Chain Strategic Account “decision makers” and their teams
- Develop channel/customer specific marketing/sales programs to help achieve Proximo/customer profit, sales goals an to secure feature ads and display planner activity
- Analyze depletion and consumption trends to manage sales goals
- Develop appropriate call frequency on all National/Regional Accounts, Distributor Sales teams, and Regional Proximo Sales teams to ensure maximization of customer/market intelligence
- Direct/attend Distributor meetings (Planning/Kick-off/etc.)
- Oversee day to day shelf management initiatives within the Off-Premise Chain marketplace including pricing, distribution, programming
- Work with distributor management to oversee market conditions
- Work closely with Marketing Team to develop sales/marketing opportunities that are consistent with Brand Plans and National/Regional Customer strategies
- Become expert on Regional pricing strategies of Proximo brands
- Develop keen understanding of competitive Spirit brands pricing and marketing strategies
- Understand National/Regional Customer gross profit margins to develop customer specific pricing strategies
- Monitor and communicate Retail Pricing monthly for specified area of responsibility
- Strong understanding of distribution, shelf positioning, feature advertising activities, and feature displays in each National/Regional Account
- Manage Tactical Brand and Travel and Entertainment Budgets appropriately as directed
- Analyze impact of Key programs and evaluate them for their effectiveness and build on successful programs
- Develop beverage alcohol insights to advise and inform team on strategies that drive volume and profit growth
- Broad understanding of marketplace dynamics, including chain, independents On & Off, Regional Chain Accounts
- Track & manage accurate planning and programming calendars for strategic account responsibility.
- Develop an understanding of category analytics to enhance “decision maker” presentations and distributor engagement
- Analytical--Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Problem Solving--Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations;
Business Acumen--Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
Initiative--Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Oral Communication--Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication--Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Project Management--Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years’ relevant experience in the consumer goods industry, spirits experience and/or 3 -tier distribution experience preferred. National Account call responsibility experience preferred
- Demonstrated sales management abilities with proven success in delivering sales goals and objectives
- Ability to build and maintain strategic working relationships with distributors and accounts
- Knowledge of industry regulations, market trends and competition
- Proven team leadership
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, negotiation, time management and presentation skills required
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must have a valid state drivers license.