About The Position
Lead team in maximizing sales and marketing opportunities in their market. Oversee sales activities, planning, budget analysis and management, distributor scorecard and capability. Drive collaborative in market excellence to deliver sales & profit goals in Washington & Alaska.
- Ongoing market analysis and assessment of competitors and market intelligence with a focus on the future and value creation
- Partner with marketing to provide in-depth analysis and understanding of all channels of distribution within the Market
- Analyze impact of Key programs and evaluate them for their effectiveness and build on successful programs
- Recruits, develops, coaches and manages performance of direct reports
- Develop beverage alcohol insights to advise and inform team on strategies that drive volume and profit growth
- Broad understanding of marketplace dynamics, including chain, independents On &Off, Regional Chain Accounts and control states
- Manage T&E and tactical budgets. Communicate any changes in plans/dollars for redistribution based on market needs and competitive activity.
- Manage the Distributor from top to bottom and demonstrates key relationships within the network
- Conduct timely business reviews with distributors identifying key issues with recommended courses of action
- Maintain proper inventory levels on all brands to insure success of local programming and long term growth
- Demonstrate a keen understanding of pricing as it relates to company, distributor and retail margins
- Maintain updated price structures for all brands/sizes and markets
- Maintain a regular call schedule with distributor/ broker on key retailers/ bar owners in area of responsibility
- Demonstrate the ability to network within the existing distributors in each market(s) and interact with the different functions i.e., purchasing, operations, marketing and finance
- Ability to interact and manage the local extension of On & Off Premise National Account programs, mandates and recommendations
- Ability to observe competitive activity and react to pending threats to objectives and provide feedback to senior management and marketing
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 6 plus years’ relevant experience in the consumer goods industry, spirits experience and/or 3 tier distribution experience preferred.
- Demonstrated sales management abilities with proven success in delivering sales goals and objectives.
- Ability to build and maintain strategic working relationships with distributors and accounts
- Proven team leadership and people development skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to navigate Diver and other sales reporting systems
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, negotiation, time management and presentation skills required
- Must have a valid state driver’s license