About The Position
Manage Proximo’s brand portfolio in on premise accounts. Champion the on premise promotional activities by building relationships with new and existing accounts. Work with Distributor sales representatives and management to effectively grow the business. Must reside in Southern California.
Role & Responsibilities
- Proximo Key Account Development
- Identify and establish a working relationship with the top On Premise Accounts in assigned territory.
- Work with local Distributor sales reps and management in perfecting these accounts: Distribution, Drink features, Menu Placements, Back Bar Presence, Shelf Standards, Display Presence & Volume Targets
- Provide Feedback to local management on competitive brand activity, pricing and promotion.
- Assist local management in creating brand programming with distributor.
- Identify key local “Multi-Unit “ Regional On Premise accounts with in assigned territory. Once Identified, set a regular call schedule to present Proximo Brands.
- Identify key accounts for” New Brand “launches and provide feedback to local Management and Brand Manager on a scheduled basis.
- Manage all Proximo Spirits Brand promotions with in assigned territory. This to include but not limited to the following:
- Identifying key on premise promotional accounts that meet the Brands profile.
- Set promotional dates and times with accounts.
- Identify and manage the local promotional agency.
- Attend and monitor Brand promotions and make any necessary adjustments.
- Provide feedback to local management and Brand Managers on a scheduled basis.
- Manage/Order POS to ensure use during key promotions and provide feedback on its effectiveness.
- Manage the local promotional Budget and track Spend to ensure budget attainment.
- Conduct trade/account staff training as required.
- Build relationship with key influential bartenders to aid in advocacy of the brands
- Ensure brand marketing materials are places with the assigned account base as appropriate
- Analytical--Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Problem Solving--Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations;
Initiative--Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Oral Communication--Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication--Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Project Management--Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 plus years relevant experience in the consumer goods industry, spirits experience and/or 3 tier distribution experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with distributors and accounts
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, negotiation, time management and presentation skills required
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and have the ability to navigate sales reporting systems
- Must have a valid state drivers license