National Accounts Manager -WALMART/SAM’S CLUB
Posted Nov 17
The National Accounts Manager will provide analytical insights into our team and Walmart, adding perspective and value to all phases of business planning. This position will not only run Retail Link reports, but also interpret data and proactively address potential issues. The individual in this role must be resourceful with a strong understanding of the Wal-Mart systems and respect for the Wal-Mart culture. The analyst will be working with Walmart replenishment managers and distributors, across Total Beverage Alcohol. This position is focused on store detail reporting, analytics, and distributor management. Attention to detail, communication and follow up are an absolute must for this position. Residence Location: Bentonville, Arkansas
Role & Responsibilities
- Monitor in-stocks, on-hands and on-order levels in Retail Link and proactively report all opportunities. Follow-up will include plan of action to correct and follow up to ensure proposed changes are implemented.
- Provide forecasted case sales to Walmart replenishment team, driving Store Specific Orders (SSO’s) to stores.
- Identify peak trends by item and fine line to provide recommendations to replenishment for system settings and or adjustments- work with our distributor partners to ensure sufficient inventories to supply Walmart orders and drive OSCA (On Shelf Customer Availability) scores.
- Communicate sales results to field sales and distributor networks to ensure execution of retail plans and promotions
- Develop and maintain tracking reports covering planner programs, new item tracking, KPI tracking, store authorization list
- Manage the process of setting up New Items in Walmart’s Item 360 and work in conjunction with Ecommerce team to ensure content is uploaded for walmart.com and samsclub.com
- Develop sell-sheets for market activation
- Source, analyse, and interpret pricing and sales data from Walmart’s Retail Link system and MADRID 2.0.
- Lead management of distributor Bentonville office teams and state teams
- Ensure adherence and tracking against commercial strategy
- Manage and communicate retail pricing, margin and inventory opportunities
- Lead and develop regular sales meeting with distributors, focussed on sales opportunities and tracking against commercial goals.
- Develop programming and activation initiatives for Walmart and Sam’s Club
- Evaluate strategies and action plans against allocated budget and ensure management of budgets
Analytical--Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Problem Solving--Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyses information skilfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations;
Initiative--Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Communication--Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Business Acumen--Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Sales, Marketing & Retails Partners
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 8 plus years’ relevant sales/management experience in the consumer goods industry, spirits experience and/or 3 tier distribution experience preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities with proven success in project management.
- Ability to build and maintain strategic working relationships with functional work teams.
- Proficient in Walmart and Sam’s Club systems, particularly Retail Link, Item 360, Madrid 2.0, Luminate, Syndicated Data, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to navigate sales reporting systems
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, negotiation, time management and presentation skills required