About The Position
Proud Source Water is seeking a hard-working, enthusiastic, and strategically minded individual interested in gaining hands-on experience with a mission-driven and innovative beverage brand.
About Proud Source Water
Proud Source natural alkaline spring water is bottled at the source in infinitely recyclable aluminum. Sourced at the base of Idaho’s majestic Mt McCaleb, it is filtered by thousands of layers of ancient volcanic soil, leaving it mineral rich and deliciously vital.
Ending single use plastic is just the beginning. At Proud Source, we hold ourselves accountable to the earth in all aspects of our craft – from our sourcing methods to everything involved in getting the product on the shelf. It’s a choice today for tomorrow. Discover what makes us so proud at proudsourcewater.com. (our new website will be launched mid-October 2020!)
Job Description Overview
Proud Source Water is seeking a hard-working, enthusiastic, and strategically minded individual interested in gaining hands-on experience with a mission-driven and innovative beverage brand. The brand manager will be immersed in Proud Source Water’s fast-paced, dynamic environment and will be exposed to all sides of the business from marketing, sales, commercial execution, PR, DTC, operations and product development. Ideal candidates for this position are outgoing, confident and willing to roll up their sleeves to take initiative and get the job done.
This role will require a combination of marketing, sales and commercial expertise to
collaborate closely with our distributors key account teams across conventional retail or foodservice (note – we are hiring two roles, and one will focus on retail, while the other will focus on foodservice). This includes working with sales teams to develop category and brand presentations, gain authorization of product, develop local shopper marketing programs and managing day-to-day relationships with customers.
You know how to take initiative and build a customer base in new markets. You excel at selling CPG products to distributors and customers, and take pride in building relationships to grow brand distribution.
o Develop brand positioning and marketing strategy by analyzing future trends (product and consumer), developing brand potential via category growth analysis and implementing learnings through development of brand initiatives and communication’s strategy across retail, social media, online direct to consumer and field marketing (events).
o Partner with Sales and key distributor’s key account sales teams to provide sales and marketing support for key retailers and develop account level plans, including participation in key retailer meetings, tracking performance and providing support to ensure that growth targets are met.
o Partner with key marketing partners tocommunicate business needs and develop marketing initiatives; evaluate the creative and media plan received from agencies and communicate needs/adjustments clearly and effectively to ensure execution of plan on time.
o Lead innovation process for new product introductions, including the development and commercialization of the items, management of manufacturing partners/vendor relationships and identifying strategic opportunities for new products.
o Budget planning by allocating funds across communication, mission and innovation activities and managing expenditures closely in partnership with co-founder.
o Work closely with leadership team to establish business growth initiatives to shape supply, operations and sales plans.
o Develop monthly dashboard for team to identify and address key business issues, incorporating data, insights, marketplace performance, and actionable recommendations and plans.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CULTURAL FIT
This is a great opportunity to be part of a fast-growing entrepreneurial and mission-driven brand. The ideal candidate embodies the Proud Source Water Core Values outlined below and have a strong interest in sustainability and health and wellness, with a comfort level taking initiative and “owning the market”.
· MBA Preferred
· 5+ years of CPG marketing or commercial strategy experience
· Great outgoing personality
· Attention to detail, organization and time management skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment with quotas and goals
· Ability to work both independently and as a team player
· Self-starter but able to take direction as well
· Passionate about a healthy lifestyle and the food & beverage industry
· Exude the spirit of the Proud Source brand
· Ability to work in fast-paced office environment and prioritize multiple projects
PROUD SOURCE WATER CORE VALUES
1. PROUD: we feel very proud to offer America’s highest quality spring water in the most sustainable packaging. Simply put, our source of pride is in doing what is right.
2. COMMUNITY: from our production facility to our distributors, customers and consumers, we are a community connected through water, working towards a more sustainable future.
3. TRANSPARENT: open and honest, our transparency begins at the source, with spring water produced with no additives, to the way we interact as a team, with our customers and our consumers.
4. SUSTAINABILITY: we feel responsible for taking care of our planet. We take ownership in leaving the planet better than we found, for past, present, and future generations. `
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Position requires an individual with ability to navigate computer while on the phone.
- Frequent speaking, listening, sitting, use of hands/fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods working at a computer with adequate breaks
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to representatives talking, computers, printers and floor activity