About The Position
Prima is seeking an experienced and highly organized Wholesale Coordinator. The primary responsibility of this role is to support the Sales team, which includes the Senior Sales Manager. This position is one that requires flexibility and discipline in handling multiple projects and prioritizing daily tasks in an efficient manner. The Wholesale Coordinator must be comfortable communicating with external partners and retail accounts, and must enjoy retail prospecting and relationship development. This individual will report to the Senior Sales Manager and will work closely with other cross-functional teams as needed.
Who you are:
You thrive when you are given a new task and you love to learn. Although you’re moving quickly, you are detail-oriented and make sure things are done right. You are a highly strategic, proactive problem solver with a love of client relationships, customer engagement and project execution. You are passionate to grow within the company and you have a strong desire to develop a successful career in sales and marketing.
Your background should demonstrate an eagerness to problem solve, work efficiently across multiple projects at a time, strong attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task and organize. The position will provide an excellent learning ground across the sales division for those looking to begin their sales career, and to be on the ground floor of an emerging market in the health and wellness industry.
Prospecting and Retail Communication:
- Identify strategic retail opportunities for sales growth
- Research, prospect and reach out to potential retail partners
- Keep wholesale prospect tracker up to date and organized
- Provide customer service support to independent retail partners as needed
- Send samples and provide tracking for current retail partners and new opportunities
- Lead all prospect communication, showcasing strong relationship management skills and creative pitch techniques;
- Process non-EDI wholesale orders, ensuring wholesale requirements and order minimums are met and inventory is available
- Set up all new accounts in our Netsuite database
- Organize and update account database and documentation in Google Drive to ensure all forms and orders are up to date and easily searchable.
- Support Senior Sales Manager and the Finance team with all account opening paperwork and new retailer set up, including retailer documents and product data
- Keep up to date our retailers’ inventory position and effectively communicate out-of-stocks or shortages internally and with retail partners
- Manage and complete New Product Forms and item set-up for each Wholesale account; updated as needed.
- Ensure product pages are updated on retailer sites regularly to optimize product performance; make recommendations for strategic updates based off of retailer feedback
- Tracking weekly and monthly selling from all retail partners
Sales Reporting and Data Analysis:
- Monitor and track retailer reviews monthly
- Tracking weekly and monthly sell-in and sell-thru from all retail partners
- Work closely with Ops to ensure sales data is reported regularly and accurately in central data system
- Closely analyze the retail landscape including competitors, trends, and opportunities for growth; Report findings to the wider team on a regular basis
- Min of 1 year experience in a retail sales role, with focus on retail prospecting (CPG experience preferred, but not required)
- Ability to be resourceful and problem solve effectively
- Can work well independently, as this role will be fully remote
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Gmail
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Curious, determined, and passionate go-getter who wants learn and grow in the sales field
- Interest in the Health and Wellness industry -- a major plus!
Prima is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prima provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. We have the privilege to shape this legal industry into a professional and inclusive community, and encourage members of underrepresented groups and those formerly incarcerated to apply.