Pretzilla - Miller Baking Company
Production and ManufacturingView Full Profile
About The Position
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Marketing will serve as a key member of the Pretzilla's strategic management team. This position will own and drive all aspects related to marketing including brand positioning, packaging, social media, public relations, consumer insights, event marketing/sponsorship, and advertising. You’ll be instrumental in continuing to build a category leading brand and coordinate with mostly third-party resources to improve brand awareness, interest, and loyalty to our delicious portfolio of products.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop and execute the brand strategy
- Define the brand’s positioning with consumers
- Oversee packaging and merchandising renovations
- Lead and coordinate agency work, including PR
- Create an advertising plan and budget to create consumer brand awareness
- Work with the sales team to create effective sales tools (from collateral to sampling)
- Execute a clearly defined marketing strategy to support consistent growth and enhance brand equity and awareness
- Perform ongoing competitive analysis in all markets and business categories with available POS data
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- An entrepreneurial, and self-motivated marketer who can function independently with limited resources, but who will also make the argument for additional investment with facts and data.
- Demonstrated brand management success through a diverse career track ascending to brand and marketing leadership preferably as Brand Manager, Marketing Manager or Director of Marketing
- Consumer industry expertise with a track record with leading CPG brands, food experience is preferred.
- Experience in a variety of professional environments including in a smaller, more entrepreneurial company. Rigor and discipline that comes from experience at a larger CPG company is preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate marketing spend ROI and maintain a "scrappy" mindset.
- Brand leadership ability along with a team player mentality, with the capacity to work independently.
- Engaging personal style and the ability to lead by example, intellect, and persuasion. Using a roll-up-yoursleeves approach, this person will focus on details and drive execution, not just strategy development.
- The ability to manage change and be nimble. High sense of urgency and flexibility combined with the ability to inspire others to accept change.
- Intellectual firepower and superior strategic and analytical capabilities. Ability to use data and analytics to drive key recommendation, changes, and decisions.
- Innovative outlook - This person will have genuine brand creativity, with the innate ability to see marketing opportunities that may not be immediately evident.
- Superior communications - He or she will have the ability to be concise and persuasive, tailoring the message to audiences that may include the CEO, Owner, customers, and fellow employees.
- Strength of character and cultural fit. This includes the capability and backbone to provide honest and reasonable dissent, taking an unpopular stance if necessary. He or she will thrive in an open and nonhierarchical environment that requires a high degree of interaction among and between functions. The ideal candidate will bring high drive/low ego.
- Passion for the brand and values driven.
- Reports To CEO