About The Position
The company: We are so much more than a soda brand. We’re a passionate group of people dedicated to shaking up the soda scene for good one happy gut at a time - putting the fun back into functional with our delicious, better-for-you prebiotic soda line.
The role: Maximize sales and distribution of poppi in all channels of business, throughout the region.
- Complete daily sales and merchandising calls on influencer accounts including, drug, convenience and grocery with a focus on account penetration and development
- Develop and execute retailer and distributor programs and incentives
- Build and maintain partnership with the direct store delivery (DSD) distributor sales teams, management, operations and administration
- Educate and train distributor sales teams about poppi through regularly scheduled “work-withs” and sales meetings
- Ensure proper execution of all promotional activities at store level – including, but not limited to: communication with retailer, securing & building displays, gaining additional product placement, planogram execution, and placement of point of sale. Occasionally build large/mass product displays and physically set up cooler equipment as needed.
- Participate in local and regional crew drives or sales blitzes in order to achieve market development goals.
- Ensure availability of proper inventory levels at distributor and retailer levels
What you bring: We are seeking an experienced, sales professional with a demonstrated track record of success. The ideal candidate must possess strong sales, planning and organizational skills. Key qualifications include:
- Ability to work independently and deal with a wide range of people
- Demonstrated success opening accounts, managing large and small store format account base
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- Extremely organized, dependable and self-motivated
- A strong work ethic, ability to plan and execute a highly productive schedule, desire to succeed, a passion for building a brand
- A minimum of 1+ years sales experience, beverage industry experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills, including competence with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook)
- Comprehensive geographic knowledge of the Norther California territory
- Valid driver's license for the state of California
- Must be open to travel as Area Sales Manager
- Reliable transportation and in accordance to State requirements for motor vehiclesSome lifting and the movement of moderate loads require a 50-pound lifting ability
- The ability to understand and follow directions and verbally communicate with others
- The ability to sit, stand, walk, and type for long periods of time
- Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions
- Travel will vary month to month, but you will need the ability to travel or drive up to 50%
- Ability to accommodate a flexible schedule, occasionally working evenings and weekends for special assignments
The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of the job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some incumbents assigned to the job to perform a different combination of duties. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome all applicants to inform us confidentially if you may require special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience.
Poppi is a pre-biotic soda company committed to an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace that respects and celebrates the unique contributions of each individual while ensuring we remain an equal opportunity employer that recruits, hires, trains and promotes based on merit and qualifications.