About The Position
The Area Sales Manager is an influential role within the company. The ASM role is responsible for managing the local/regional sales environment in order to maximize sales and brand awareness. This is achieved in three primary areas: excellent store-level execution, managing the Poppi distributor network against sales goals and objectives, and regional chain account calls.
Area Sales Manager:
- Responsible for managing and executing the company’s plan to maximize sales and distribution of Poppi in all channels of business throughout the region
- Complete daily sales and merchandising calls on influencer accounts (incl. Natural, drug, convenience, and grocery) with a focus on account penetration and development
- Build and maintain partnerships with retailers and DSD distributor sales teams, management operations and administration
- Educate and train distributor sales teams about Poppi through regularly scheduled “work-withs”, and sales meetings
- Develop and execute retailer and DSD programs and incentives
- Ensure proper execution of all promotional activities at store level- including, but not limited to communication with retailer, securing & building displays, gaining additional product placement, planogram execution, and placement of point of sale
- Participate in local and regional crew drives or sales blitzes in order to achieve market development goals
- Ensure availability of proper inventory levels at distributor and retailer levels
- Monitory the regional market and competitor activities to retain a competitive sales outlook
- Act as an ambassador for the brand towards prospective and established clients at activations and special events
Reports to: DSM
Direct Reports: Potentially Merchandisers 1099
What You Bring
- Always acting with integrity through a “what’s right and best” mindset.
- Positively add to and harness the progressive culture that has already been developed.
- Detail-oriented and focused on doing it right vs. getting it done.
- Self-motivated with proven success in talking to a multitude of people
- Demonstrated success opening and managing large and small store format accounts
- Extremely organized, dependable, and self-motivated
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to excel in hands-on, fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- A strong work ethic, ability to plan and execute a highly productive schedule, desire to succeed, a passion for building a brand
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 1-2 years sales experience ideally in the beverage industry
- History of successful planning and execution of sales strategies
- Demonstrated track record of success selling into large and small format accounts
- Strong geographic knowledge of respective territory is a must
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook)
- Valid state drivers license