About The Position
The ASM role is responsible for managing local/regional sales environment in order to maximize sales and brand awareness.
Poppi Area Sales Manager is an influential role within the company. This is achieved in three primary areas: excellent store-level execution, managing the Poppi distributor network against sales goals and objectives, and regional chain account calls.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manage and execute the company’s plan to maximize sales and distribution of Poppi in all channels of business, throughout the region.
- Complete daily sales and merchandising calls on influencer accounts (incl. drug, convenience and grocery) with a focus on account penetration and development
- Develop and execute retailer and distributor programs and incentives.
- Build and maintain partnership with the DSD distributor sales teams, management, operations and administration.
- Educate and train distributor sales teams about Poppi through regularly scheduled “work-withs”, and sales meetings.
- Ensure proper execution of all promotional activities at store level – including, but not limited to: communication with retailer, securing & building displays, gaining additional product placement, planogram execution, and placement of point of sale.
- Participate in local and regional crew drives or sales blitzes in order to achieve market development goals.
- Ensure availability of proper inventory levels at distributor and retailer levels.
Summary of Experience/Qualifications
We are seeking an experienced, sales professional with a demonstrated track record of success. The ideal candidate must possess strong sales, planning and organizational skills. Key qualifications include:
- A minimum of 1-2 years sales experience ideally in the beverage industry
- Able to work independently and have the ability to deal with a wide range of people
- Demonstrated success opening accounts, managing large and small store format account base.
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Extremely organized, dependable and self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills, including competence with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook)
- A strong work ethic, ability to plan and execute a highly productive schedule, desire to succeed, a passion for building a brand, and, of course, a love for snacking.
- A strong geographic knowledge of the respective territory is a must.
is a better-for-you prebiotic soda designed to keep your gut in check. Founded by husband and wife duo Allison and Stephen Ellsworth, Poppi combines real fruit juice with prebiotic powerhouse apple cider vinegar to create a soda that tastes amazing and provides real health benefits. After finding regional success in farmers’ markets across Dallas, Texas the brand has since expanded to over 10,000 retail locations nationwide, including Whole Foods, Sprouts, Target, Kroger, Safeway, HEB, and 7-Eleven.