About The Position
SOCAL REMY MARTIN AMBASSADOR
POPLIFE is expanding their national on-premise Ambassador team and recruiting for a full-time SoCal Remy Martin Brand Ambassador. The main responsibilities of the Remy Martin Brand Ambassador are to act as a link between the brand and the local market trade and consumers. To act as the face and expert of the brands to the trade and consumers while providing best in class education and event execution that fosters brand advocacy, awareness and excitement in the Ambassador market and accounts.
The Remy Martin Brand Ambassador position will be responsible for gaining traction for the brand through brand education, building activation, trade advocacy, and growing the brand within key on-premise accounts that are influential in the Ambassador’s assigned market. The role serves to increase brand awareness, drive velocity, and promote brand relevancy.
The Remy Martin Brand Ambassador will also be responsible for the following tasks:
- Represent Remy Martin as the face of the brands to key trade and consumers.
- Create and maintain relationships with key market stakeholders; local trade community, influencers and local partners.
- Provide world class education to trade, consumers and media in assigned territory.
- Serve as a direct link to the trade for strategic brand partners.
- Activate and handle 40 key accounts within the on-premise.
- Utilize brand programming to drive awareness and appreciation for the brands and drive recruitment for attendance at key trade and consumer events.
- Ensure visibility, velocity, education, volume and brand advocacy are at a high level within the account.
- Respond to local market field marketing and sales teams and distributor partners in both the on and off premise to increase volume and grow the Remy Martin business.
- Execute against account specific KPIs (distribution, menu listings, velocity, activation) for strategic brand partners.
- Support development & deployment of brand education & brand drink strategy.
- Maintain and grow a strategic account base within a given territory.
- Execute high-impact client engagement events in collaboration with field sales and field marketing in order to achieve distribution and velocity objectives.
- Lead client-facing events with strategic brand partners.
- Educate, engage and inspire distributors, customer and clients.
- Develop and lead engagement with organized client groups and events (ie. Spirits Festivals, etc.)
- Be seen as an in-market expert on Cognac and spirits.
- Create and foster relationships with local trade and partners.
- Ensure on-time reporting and communication with the internal teams.
- Properly track and manage budgets and hold financial responsibility when activating and supporting accounts and gatekeepers.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
The ideal Remy Martin Brand Ambassador is a hospitality industry veteran with experience behind the bar as a mixologist, sommelier, bar manager, leader or in operations. The Ambassador is also locally relevant and influential in the bar community and passionate about the growth and health of the industry.
- 2+ years experience as a bartender and/or brand ambassador in beverage alcohol.
- Experience with a 3-tier US beverage system – preferably distributor tier.
- Skilled communicator with the ability to build strong working relationships and digest/discern input from various levels/functions.
- Must have an established network of accounts in primary territory.
- Ability to project a professional and approachable image.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Passionate about Cognac and quality spirits
- Cocktail creation / mixology experience
- Good storyteller
- Engaging / captivating personality
- Social media savvy
- Scrappy / willing to roll up the sleeves and be a team player
- Educated in spirits and / or spirits creation (distillation, etc)
- Member of trade organizations (USBG, etc.)
- Sales and marketing background a plus
- The Ambassador will be expected to travel approximately 10-15% outside of their home market.
POPLIFE has deep roots in spirits, music and lifestyle industries. Focused on strategic brand development, experiential execution, influencer programming, and digital marketing - we create platforms that bring together people, communities, and the brands that support them.