About The Position
SOCAL CRAFTED SPIRITS AMBASSADOR
POPLIFE is expanding their national on-premise Ambassador team and recruiting for a full-time SoCal Crafted Spirits Brand Ambassador. The main responsibilities of the Crafted Spirits Brand Ambassador are to act as a link between the Remy Cointreau USA’s Crafted Spirits brands and the local market trade and consumers. To be the face and expert of the brands to the trade and consumers while providing best in class education and event execution that fosters brand advocacy, awareness and excitement in the accounts in the Ambassador’s market.
The Crafted Spirits Brand Ambassador will lead with education while driving distribution, velocity, visual merchandising and client engagement across the full RCUSA portfolio and across the top opportunity accounts in a specific market.
The Crafted Spirits Brand Ambassador will also be responsible for the following tasks:
- Represent the Crafted Spirits portfolio as the face of the brands to key trade and consumers.
- Serve as a direct link to the trade for strategic brand partners.
- Provide world class education to trade, consumers and media in assigned territory.
- Utilize brand programming to drive awareness and appreciation for the brands.
- Respond to local market field marketing, sales teams and distributor partners to increase volume and grow the Crafted Spirits business.
- Execute against account specific KPIs (distribution, menu listings, velocity, activation) for strategic brand partners.
- Support development & deployment of brand education & brand drink strategy.
- Maintain and grow a strategic account base within a given territory.
- Execute high-impact client engagement events in collaboration with field sales and field marketing in order to achieve distribution and velocity objectives.
- Lead client-facing events with strategic brand partners.
- Educate, engage and inspire distributors, customer and clients.
- Develop and lead engagement with organized client groups and events (ie. Whisky clubs, etc.).
- Provide best-in-class education to trade, consumers and media within assigned market.
- Be seen as an in-market expert on cocktails and spirits.
- Create and foster relationships with local trade and partners.
- Ensure on-time reporting and communication with the internal teams.
- Properly track and manage budgets and hold financial responsibility when activating and supporting accounts and gatekeepers.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
The ideal Crafted Spirits Ambassador is a hospitality industry veteran with experience behind the bar as a mixologist, sommelier, bar manager, leader or in operations. The Ambassador is also locally relevant and influential in the bar community and passionate about the growth and health of the industry.
- 2+ years’ experience as a bartender and/or brand ambassador in beverage alcohol.
- Experience with a 3-tier US beverage system – preferably distributor tier.
- Skilled communicator with the ability to build strong working relationships and digest/discern input from various levels/functions.
- Must have an established network of accounts in primary territory.
- Ability to project a professional and approachable image.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Passionate about quality spirits
- Cocktail creation / mixology experience
- Good storyteller
- Engaging / captivating personality
- Social media savvy
- Scrappy / willing to roll up the sleeves and be a team player
- Educated in spirits and / or spirits creation (distillation, etc)
- Member of trade organizations (USBG, etc.)
- Sales and marketing background a plus
- Frequent travel within assigned territory with approximately 2-4 out of market trips per year.
POPLIFE has deep roots in spirits, music and lifestyle industries. Focused on strategic brand development, experiential execution, influencer programming, and digital marketing - we create platforms that bring together people, communities, and the brands that support them.