About The Position
POPLIFE is expanding their national on-premise Ambassador team and recruiting for a full-time Ambassador Director to oversee the growing Advocacy program. The main responsibilities of the Ambassador Director are to ensure high level execution of the Ambassador teams by providing best in class mentorship, leadership, training, guidance and management as well as high level client management and when reporting back to the Remy Cointreau USA brand teams.
AMBASSADOR DIRECTOR OVERVIEW
The Ambassador Director position will be responsible for leading a team of Brand Ambassadors across multiple brands and markets around the US with the goal of increasing share of volume within their on-premise universe. The Ambassador Director will lead strategic direction of the Ambassador team including KPI creation, budget management, tracking, analyzing and summarizing reporting, and providing training and mentorship for the Ambassadors that will be used for trade and consumers.
The Ambassador Director will also be responsible for the following tasks:
- Work closely with the RCUSA Trade Marketing Directors and Brand Teams to program and develop the strategy of the Brand Ambassador’s on-premise route to market.
- Plan and execute regular reporting cadences for the team.
- Act as the main point of contact between the Ambassador and Brand Team
- Lead new recruitment, training and onboarding.
- Create, monitor, track and manage Ambassador and program budgets, providing an understanding of the cost estimates and communicating budget updates to the client with frequency.
- Develop, launch and communicate brand programming and objectives down to the Ambassador team.
- Provide thoughtful leadership and guidance.
- Develop ways of working between the Ambassadors and their greater teams including Brand Teams, field marketing and sales and distributor teams.
- Work closely with HR for new recruitment, employee related concerns, write and lead performance plans as needed.
- Practice compliance with company and client policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
The Ambassador Director is proficient in interfacing with multiple brand team clients. The ideal Ambassador Director is also a hospitality industry veteran with experience as, alongside or managing spirits Brand Ambassadors and can provide high level mentorship and training to the team that allows the Ambassadors to operate at their highest potential.
- 5+ years experience working as a Brand Ambassador, with beverage alcohol Brand Teams and/or in Beverage Alcohol field sales management.
- Experience providing leadership and training to teams.
- Be skilled at managing programs that are directly interfacing with brand clients.
- Experience with a 3-tier US beverage system – preferably distributor tier.
- Skilled communicator with the ability to build strong working relationships and digest/discern input from various levels/functions.
- Ability to project a professional and approachable image.
- Exhibit initiative and the ability to work independently as well as with teams and leadership groups.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Must be willing to travel to Ambassador markets and assist as requested.
- Be solutions oriented and quick to problem solve
- Cocktail creation / mixology experience
- Be passionate about the spirits and hospitality industry with a drive to see the industry grow.
- Scrappy / willing to roll up the sleeves and be a team player
- Educated in spirits and / or spirits creation (distillation, etc)
- Sales and marketing background a plus.
- The Ambassador Director will be expected to travel approximately 30% of the time to Ambassador markets, for trade and industry events and upon request by the brand teams.
ABOUT POPLIFE 99
POPLIFE has deep roots in spirits, music and lifestyle industries. Focused on strategic brand development, experiential execution, influencer programming, and digital marketing - we create platforms that bring together people, communities, and the brands that support them.