SupplierView Full Profile
About The Position
PILLARS was founded with the mission to create healthier, functional foods that taste great and are made with only natural ingredients.
Today, we make the healthiest drinkable yogurt on the market (the only with no added sugar and both pre + probiotics) and we are one of the fastest growing yogurt brands in the US- thriving in over 2000 doors of some of the best retailers such as Whole Foods, Kroger, Hannaford, Harris Teeter, Wegmans, Market Basket, Ahold, and more!
As a rapidly growing startup, everyone must wear many hats and possess that ‘roll up your sleeves, whatever it takes’ mentality- this position is a unique opportunity to do just that and to work closely with the Founder/CEO and other key stakeholders, to learn a lot multiple functional areas including sales, marketing, analytics, ops, to make meaningful contributions that impact the company, and provides opportunity to grow with the company.
Prior experience in an early stage food/beverage company strongly preferred.
- Lead sales support efforts with range of responsibilities from trade spend tracking, data reporting, merchandising & instore demo programs.
- Assist with various weekly operations processes- analyze sales reports, orders, and inventory management
- Help manage relationships with customers, vendors, distributors
- Performing retail store visits on a weekly basis, managing internal databases of stores/ new accounts, and manage outsourced partners doing the same; shared goal of increasing retail visibility and drive sales
- Manage, grow, improve our brand ambassador program (store demos, local events, trade shows)
- Collaborate with marketing on various projects to build brand awareness
- Support Sales and brokers with new customer set up forms and ongoing promo submissions
- Lead, compile, and communicate weekly and monthly sales data and insights (Whole Foods Portal Data, SPINS/Nielsen data, etc).
- Support team with customer powerpoint slide and sell sheet needs.
- Support team with trade spend budgeting and follow-up on discrepancies where needed.
- Lead all coordination of trade shows and attend top 2-3 per year (Expo West, Fancy Foods, etc)
- 2-4+ years of experience in CPG start-up/natural food/bevg industry with Trade Marketing Support
- Undergraduate Degree (BA/BS) required
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and comfortable with graphics and data
- Tireless work ethic (whatever it takes mentality), intellectual curiosity; hungry to always learn and build skills. Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with changing hours and schedules (occasional weekend events)
- Able to work independently or collaboratively, learn fast and execute at a high level with limited supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills- written & verbal
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to travel (limited, 2-3 trade shows, and local travel for store and event support)
- Strong organization skills and experience handling multiple projects at once
- Interested in learning and growing in career in CPG/natural foods
- Ability to co-ordinate and manage simultaneous data analysis requests of varying size and scope
- Ideally an understanding of sales support (vendor/distributor set up), data reporting (panel or IRI/Spins), and not afraid to learn new systems.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds and stand on feet for 4-5 hrs at a time (events, tradeshows)
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience, plus bonus potential.
Full Time. Based in Boston. Offices in Boston and Framingham with some remote potential.
- Reports To CEO