ManufacturerView Full Profile
About The Position
OVERVIEW: Manages production planning, inventory forecasting, raw material procurement and finished goods inventory. Oversees the logistics coordinator to ensure timely and efficient distribution of finished goods. Cultivates supplier relationships, continually works to lower production costs and implement supply chain improvements, handles the procurement of raw materials and ensures production runs on time.
- Handles sourcing and price negotiation for raw materials and packaging required for production.
- Manage external vendors including co-packers, raw material suppliers and other logistics vendors. Builds upon ongoing/prospective supplier relationships to ensure we are working with the right suppliers for the right price.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory levels and communicating production cashflow/raw material needs in a manner that ensures production occurs on time.
- Maintains and improves upon production forecasting/modeling that brings excellent visibility to the production lifecycle.
- Works closely with sales, finance and operations departments to curate an efficient and cost-effective production schedule.
- Works closely with leadership to continually innovate on both the product and costing front.
- Improves, streamlines & automates Picnik’s internal reporting processes to better highlight areas of opportunity, efficiently track operational/companywide metrics and continuously celebrate areas of improvement. (ex: Weekly fulfillment/supply chain reports, monthly PO analysis, docs for quarterly investor presentations, etc.)
- Maintains and improves inventory management system, pricing models, ingredient costing and internal reporting to ensure the operations/logistics department is running in an efficient and profitable manner.
- Seeks out and recommends systems/process improvements that increase operational/company effectiveness & efficiency.
- Serve as a role model for innovative thinking and zero quality defects
- Manage coordinator responsible for processing orders, data entry and supply chain logistics to ensure finished goods meet delivery targets while controlling inventory costs and ensuring corporate and business procedural compliance.
- Continuously seeks to improve the efficiency and cost effectiveness of Picnik’s supply chain to the point where the PO lifecycle is automated.
- Responsible for the direction and implementation of freight and warehousing initiatives.
● Consistent positive mental attitude.
● Strong leadership, team working, customer focus, and strategic thinking skills
● Thorough understanding and demonstrated application and implementation of current supply chain management concepts
● Proven track record of successfully managing supply chain from raw ingredients to finished goods and landed delivery while finding significant cost improvements over time.
● Experience maintaining an inventory management system. Experience with Dear Systems is preferred but not required.
● Minimum of 5 years’ combined experience in supply chain management and/or logistics management
● Minimum of 3 years’ supervisory or leadership experience
● Demonstrated experience leading projects and implementing process improvements
● A high degree of computer literacy especially within Excel
● BS in Business, Supply Chain, or related field, MBA preferred
● Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Reports To Chief Operating Officer
- Direct Reports 1-2