About The Position
The Area Sales Manager (ASM) is responsible for managing our wholesaler network and all marketplace activities.
Phusion Projects: Established in 2005 Phusion Projects is a global alcoholic beverage company with presence in over 40 countries, employing 250+ worldwide and housing a portfolio of brands including Four Loko, Four Loko PREGAME, Mamitas, Basic Seltzer, Basic Vodka, Moksato Life, and Earthquake.
Culture: Innovation and disruption is in the DNA at Phusion, we understand drinkers as category agnostic and we pursue flavor, brand, and functional benefits above all else. We’re always looking to push boundaries within our current product portfolio and partnerships and that mindset flows through in our company culture.
JOB TITLE: Area Sales Manager
REPORTS TO: Regional Manager
SUMMARY: The Area Sales Manager (ASM) is responsible for managing our wholesaler network and all marketplace activities. To be successful in this role you must have a strong understanding of wholesaler management, wholesaler processes and field sales, including analytical problem-solving ability, presentation skills and exceptional planning and budgeting skills. You must also possess working knowledge of distribution network, consumer purchasing dynamics, syndicated data systems and strong interpersonal skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with wholesaler(s) to execute all programs.
- Monitor and affect inventory levels to ensure proper days-on-hand and zero out of stocks.
- Monitor and affect retail distribution, including effective placements and buying accounts.
- Monitor and affect volume goals.
- Manage invoicing and expenses within assigned budget, maximizing gross profits.
- Monitor and document wholesale/retail pricing to ensure pricing targets are achieved.
- Secure and execute effective wholesaler incentives to ensure “share of mind”.
- Work at retail executing monthly objectives, directly and with wholesaler representatives.
- Manage reporting and communicate regular updates to Sales Management.
- Continually recognize and execute against new areas of growth and opportunity.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- 3-5 years of experience as an Account Executive, Area Sales Manager, or in a Sales role with proven success.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year college or university, or one to two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferred.
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to travel overnight, up to a week at a time (as necessary within territory or required to attend company or regional meetings/training).
- Other skills required:
- Sales experience in a consumer product selling B2B sales environment
- Experience managing the full sales cycle
- Understanding and ability to execute common trade math
- Excellent presentation skills and poise
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at any given time and prioritize accordingly
- Friendly and honest with an unparalleled level of customer commitment
- Exceptional relationship building skills
Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIORNMENT:
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Frequently required to hold computer or tablet
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to talk or hear
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.