About The Position
As one of America's oldest family-owned spirits companies, we pride ourselves on our independent spirit and our commitment to innovation, quality and community.
The Regional Chain/Key Account Manager develops and maintains business relationships with existing Regional accounts and key independent retail clients. Constructs and implements a strategy for selling goods or services, to national accounts, designed to meet or exceed sales goals. Applies sales plans and promotions, prepares activity and sales results reports and maintains and assists assigned key clients. Has extensive product, industry and market knowledge. This position may or may not have direct reports.
- Meet or exceed net sales goals and all annual company objectives.
- Work closely with the California Senior Market Manager on Regional Account strategies and budgets to respective Accounts.
- Establish and maintain strong professional relationships with key customers, distributors and trade professionals in all markets. Effectively manage new business through Phillips and Distributor Sales Teams.
- Develop and activate annual customer plans that reflect PDC’s brand, customer, and consumer engagement strategies. Generate regular communication reports for internal and external sales teams.
- Construct an annual plan against assigned key objectives, to include budget by account (goals, programming elements, incentives, etc…).
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all components of cost-of-goods, FOB, distributor and retail pricing; manage all promotional, travel and entertainment budgets to ensure PDC maximum profitability.
- Plan and submit monthly calendar to Manager.
- Utilize company systems, including expense reports, vacation requests, ‘VIP’ Analytics, etc.
- Be an ambassador for the company and its brands and above all, have fun!
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with 7+ years’ sales management experience in the distilled spirits industry, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be highly energetic, creative, and self-motivated; with ability to work independently to meet and/or exceed business goals and objectives.
- Ability to effectively prepare and manage a budget; prioritize, organize and delegate assignments.
- Excellent verbal and written communications; exceptional interpersonal and collaborative skills; ability to work with “team first” approach.
- Strong analytical, communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Proficient computer skills including E-Mail, Spreadsheets, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Up to 75% travel within assigned geographic area, occasional evening and weekend work attending events as required.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must reside in CA.