OBJECTIVE: The Reservations Specialist is critical to facilitating the accurate booking of all winery experiences, assisting with the planning and execution of special events for external as well as internal customers, and assisting the Trade Relations Manager in booking trade/VIP experiences. This position is scheduled for weekend coverage and the occasional evening event.
This role supports Mumm Napa and Kenwood Vineyards and is based at Mumm Napa.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- At all times provide exceptional customer service through courteous and professional oral and written communication
- Responds to consumer inquiries for questions related to visiting the wineries and accurately secures reservations.
- Understands the winery story, basic winemaking techniques and can articulate this in an eloquent and hospitable manner over the phone to consumers, for site visits and with guests at hosted events.
- Confirms reservations and clearly captures the necessary information in the reservation system so the tasting room staff can provide an experience that represents the customer's expectations.
- Upsells various experiences and thinks creatively to accommodate guest requests by maximizing available space under the winery use-permit requirements.
- Communicates reservation levels and stays in constant communication with the tasting room, particularly on busy weekend days, to ensure a smooth guest visitation flow.
- Manage large group reservations and coordinate with the tasting room for staff and scheduling needs.
- Manage reservation system to ensure flow of guest reservations.
- Prepares paperwork for tasting room Supervisors including reports for upcoming reservations, reservation cards and event orders.
- Tracks and records wine bottle and merchandise use and charges reservations in the point-of-sale system while maintaining clear records.
- Direct marketing; in-bound and out-bound telephone sales duties; order review and processing
- Accurately process phone orders, charges, returns and special requests
- Work seamlessly across multiple systems
- Graciously respond to customer inquiries via telephone or written correspondence in a timely manner, up-selling wherever appropriate
- Maintain current and comprehensive knowledge of all Wine Club products and services for multiple brands
- Proactively identify and resolve customer issues with thorough research and follow-through
- Promote and sell all Wine Club special events and promotional wine offers
- Plans, attends, executes events as assigned by the Assistant Manager.
- Ability to make wine and food pairing suggestions for event menus.
- Communicates with caterers, event staff, tasting room to facilitate successful events.
- Maintains an inventory of all supplies necessary to execute events.
- Orders trade meals for trade events, food for staff events and quarterly meetings.
- Assists in setting up trade events, lunches and printing menus.
- Creates purchase orders and check requests for invoices for both Events and Trade.
- Meets with guests for site inspections to show property for potential future events.
- Back up Special Events Assistant Manager and Trade Relations Manager in their absence.
- Assists in internal and external events at both Mumm Napa and Kenwood Vineyards.
- As requested, may be asked to work in the tasting room to stay apprised of guest experiences, operations and to help as needed.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs all related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated customer service experience and ability to build relationships successfully.
- Can work well under pressure with ability to multitask, solve problems, prioritize daily tasks and operate autonomously on certain days.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Team player with enthusiastic outlook and creative mind.
- Computer proficiency: Word, Excel, Outlook, Reservation Systems, and ability to learn and operate transactions within winery Point-of-Sale systems.
- Passion for wine, customer service and event planning.
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Job Posting End Date:
Target Hire Date :
Target End Date :