Position Title: Manager, Strategic Brand Communications
Location: New York, NY (Headquarters)
Strategic advisor and technical expert on brand communications strategy and positioning to advance and protect the reputation (cultural relevancy / fame) of a high-profile portfolio of Pernod Ricard brands in support of Brand Management and Commercialization. Works under the direction of the Director, Strategic Brand Communications to lead brand communications / public relations and media relations oversight for assigned brands in partnership with the Comms agency. Provides ongoing strategic counsel to Brand Marketing and Commercialization engagement/communication and experiential plans, including strategic partnerships, entertainment marketing, and influencers to ensure brand fit and amplification potential.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
1. Provides technical Brand Communications/Public Relations expertise and support to Brand Management pods and/or High-Touch for assigned group of brands Acts as dedicated resource to support brand communications strategy, positioning and media relations / publicity Assists with the management of the agency (Weber Shandwick) relationship and outputs through IAT briefing (objectives, KPIs, concepts delivered); work with cross-functional partners to create impactful campaigns around Tentpole moments to advance the brand's vision, mission, strategy Ensures appropriate brand messaging in communication plans and strategies; guides teams on approach to sensitive topics and social responsibility working closely with Corp Comms leads for crisis management and S&R as needed Merchandises results; shares campaign and industry best practices / key wins across teams
2. Partners with Brand Management to drive the planning, ideation, and objective setting of broader Communications strategy (content, media, social, etc.)Acts as internal consultant to Brand Management during the Brand planning and Big Idea development M2S phasesProvides strategic counsel on brand fit and amplification potential of strategic partnerships, entertainment marketing, and influencersSupports Brand Management on agency partnership / management during execution
3. Oversees financial management of A&P / public relations agency for assigned brands
4. Drives relationships with key communications stakeholders at brand owner companies; provide appropriate support, input and direction on US programs and support on global programs
5. Delivers always-on tracking of brand publicity (traditional/digital); maintains pulse on public relations trends and industry developments
Nature & Scope:
Position typically works with Brand Management, IAT (inter-agency team), Communications Team, Cultural Diversity and Inclusion, High-Touch, Commercialization, Marketing Enablement, Legal, BrandCo CCMs, external agencies, Insights, and the Field. Communication can include sensitive information, requiring confidentiality and discretion in dealings with contacts.
Education: Bachelor's Degree required.
Experience / Background : 6-8 years' experience in the public relations industry; either with an agency background and/or brand is required. Proven publicity skills with hands-on ability to pitch and secure a variety of media placements. Proven record of success in a fast-paced environment. Ability to guide planning/development and execution of high visibility public relations programs, with emphasis/concentration in consumer marketing-icon brands. Success in developing strong internal and external relationships. Familiarity around legal parameters and restrictions.
Required Skills/Competencies : Strong business acumen and general knowledge of liquor brands and categories, and the industry (on and off trade). Deep understanding of public relations, media industry, publicity, cross-functional strategy development, and cultural trends. Critical thinking coupled with solid business writing skills. Understanding of how to identify brand fit and amplification potential of strategic partnerships. Experience working across other verticals including entertainment marketing, and influencers. Solid project management skills. Ability to collaborate with multiple internal and external stakeholders for multiple simultaneous projects of varying scope.
Who are we?
Pernod Ricard USA is the premium spirits and wine company in the U.S. The company's leading spirits and wines include such prestigious brands as ABSOLUT® Vodka, Chivas Regal® Scotch Whisky, The Glenlivet® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Jameson® Irish Whiskey, Malibu®, Kahlúa® Liqueur, Beefeater® Gin, and Avión™ Tequila such superior wines as Jacob's Creek® and Brancott Estate®; and such exquisite champagnes and sparkling wines as Perrier-Jouët® Champagne, G.H. Mumm™ Champagne and Mumm Napa® sparkling wines. Learn more about our history, values, strategies and organization by visiting us at http://www.pernod-ricard-usa.com/
Working at Pernod Ricard
Working for Pernod Ricard USA means working for the co-leader in the global wines and spirits industry - and having the opportunity to work with great people and great brands in diverse and challenging roles. Our success is the result of the passion and creativity of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to our values of entrepreneurship, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics. Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration, and encourages ongoing professional development. Pernod Ricard USA recognizes the importance of continuously building upon our diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We believe in championing an inclusive culture that embraces differences and encourages employees to challenge themselves and their colleagues.
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
* Pernod Ricard USA is anEqual Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
* Offers will be subject to United States local terms
Job Posting End Date:
Target Hire Date :
Target End Date :