Mumm Napa is well known as one of the loveliest spots to savor sparkling wines in the Napa Valley, and the Lead Concierge is an integral piece in maintaining our mood of relaxed elegance and in ensuring a wonderfully memorable experience is created for each guest.
1) Position Summary: The Lead Concierge is responsible for providing a warm and gracious welcome to each visitor of Mumm Napa, beginning each guest's experience with the best possible first impression. This individual will ensure each guest understands the wine experiences, and any other information that will enhance their visit. The Lead Concierge will also greet guests, enter appropriate guest information into the reservation system, and seat them.
This full-time position is a great role for an organized and dependable individual wanting an introductory leadership position. It is a fast-paced role helping to manage the flow of guests to the tasting room floor and ensuring their experience begins with a warm and professional welcome.
2) Essential Functions:
- Courteously and warmly greet visitors; providing an exceptional first impression, and a thorough explanation and recommendation of the Visitor Center wine experiences
- Train all new concierge staff on the reservation system and standard operating procedures
- Capture walk-in customer contact information by entering information into the reservation system
- Assist guests in making reservations over the phone for all of the Visitor Center experiences
- Using the table management software: strategically seat guests, update table status to expedite service, and ensure wait times are kept to a minimum
- Maintain and organize a wait list, notifying guests when tables are available using the reservation system
- Provide information and history about Mumm Napa, the wines, the Club Vivant Wine Club, and the retail products
- Assist in the wine shop as needed, processing routine transactions through the point of sale system
- Provides back up coverage to the floor manager
- Assist guests with inquiries about local attractions, including other wineries, restaurants, hotel, etc.
- Offer a gracious good-bye to each guest, and thanking them for visiting and inviting them to return
3) Key Competencies:
- Warm, welcoming and gracious character
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
- Intermediate computer skills
4) Minimum Qualifications
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-end hospitality environment
- Clean and professional appearance
- Flexible schedule including weekends, some holidays and evenings as necessary
5) Preferred Qualifications
- Experience as a restaurant or hotel seating host/hostess or Lead Concierge
- Intermediate computer skills; experience with CRM or other database system, or restaurant reservations or table management system preferred
- Foreign language skills are a plus
- Knowledge of wine and wine production
- Knowledge of local Napa Valley attractions, wineries, restaurants, hotels, etc.
Job Posting End Date:
Target Hire Date :
Target End Date :