The role is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining QSE (quality, health & safety, food safety and environmental) programs in order to achieve compliance with standards set by regulatory bodies and the PR Group. The role is also responsible for promoting a sustainability and risk management culture across the business. This position provides sustainability guidance and support to PRW Operations teams and maintains an awareness of quality and food safety issues of co-producers.
- Develop, implement and maintain Integrated Management System (IMS) components across all PRW USA sites in compliance with all ISO/OHSAS standards and requirements from PR or PRW, based on sound risk management principles.
- Ensure that all applicable Federal, State and Local regulations are embedded in IMS elements.
- Support successful certification to all required ISO/OSHAS standards and other standards as required within PRW USA.
- Maintain software systems which manage IMS and ISO requirements and provide support to software users.
- In conjunction with Sustainability Manager, develop and execute short- and long-term plans continuously looking for the elimination or mitigation of PRW USA winery & co-processing risks.
- Promote a sustainability awareness, understanding and conformance to QSE Group policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Manage all applicable PRW USA safety and environmental regulatory permits and reporting.
- In conjunction with HR, carry out and keep records of compliance related training programs.
- Coordinate site Zero Harm Committee activities.
- Support internal and external QSE Audits within the PRW USA wineries, vineyards and co-producers.
- Monitor and report QSE metrics and KPIs in agreed upon timeframes.
- Provides general administrative support for Operations on an as needed basis. Will, at times, coordinate special requests from other depts. (E.g. Winemaking, Marketing, HR, etc.).
- Act as the Food Safety Team Leader for your all PRW USA sites and oversee the work of the food safety team.
- Ensure the site ZHC is provided with adequate food safety training and knowledge.
- Ensure the requirements of the IMS are implemented and maintained across all PRW USA sites.
Skills / Qualifications / Experience:
- Understanding of ISO 9/14/22 & OHSAS 18 standards.
- Experience in managing compliance for Quality, Safety, Food Safety & Environmental aspects.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Strong understanding of risk management principles.
- Project Management Skills
- Demonstrated ability to prepare reports and submissions.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with people from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills.
- Computer literacy (self-sufficient in MS Office)
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Engineering, Science, Winemaking or related field.
- Experience in implementing systems in compliance with ISO Standards
- Qualifications as an auditor in QSE systems.
- Experience in wine and spirits industry.
- Demonstrated understanding of US/Californian legal requirements related to food industry.
- Some out of hours work may be required;
- Intra/Interstate travel as required;
- Current driver's license.
- Work is performed in a typical field environment with moderate demands for movement and lifting.
Job Posting End Date:
Target Hire Date :
Target End Date :