About The Position
Paradox Brewery Area Sales Representative:
- Base salary is negotiable and dependent on experience
- Commissions based on CE volume are uncapped
- Fuel, Car, Computer, and Cell phone allowance
Positions are available for the following Territories.
- New York: Columbia, Dutchess, Greene, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, Ulster, Westchester
- Pennsylvania: Carbon, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Monroe, Pike, Schuylkill, Susquehanna, Wayne, Wyoming
Territory 2: (Position has been filled)
New York: Bronx, New York, Kings, Queens, Richmond, Nassau, Suffolk
- Pennsylvania: Northumberland, Perry, Franklin, Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Berks, Lehigh, Northampton, Bucks, Montgomery, Chester, Delaware, Philadelphia
- New Jersey: Mercer, Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, Salem, Cumberland, Cape May, Atlantic
- Increase the availability, visibility, velocity, and sales volume of Paradox Brewery beers via making sales calls on retail accounts, educating distributor sales teams and consumers, collaborating with distributor leadership directly to plan and review the business needs, and representing Paradox Brewery at events.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
Product Knowledge: Demonstrate strong product knowledge on all existing and new beer releases - conduct ongoing brand training with distributors, retailers and consumers as needed. Reference sales strategy regarding specialty products - identify the best placement for unique, rare, and specialty beers.
Territory Planning: Develops, with the general sales manager, a territory go-to-market strategy that ensures distributors, accounts, and consumers are touched with the appropriate frequency. Always has a prepared visit plan that uses anecdotal, VIP, or syndicated data, visits to a defined list of Core Accounts, time spent with distributor reps in work-with settings, and consumer interactions (events, tastings, etc). The Territory Representative is always 100% prepared to sell at all times with samples and support materials.
Reporting: Reports, to the General Sales Manager, periodically as needed on the following metrics:
- Budget Tracking, Forecasting, Market depletion trends as monitored regularly in VIP, Distributor execution results vs. calendar objectives, Anecdotal market results,
- Quarterly Focus / KPIs: company goals, new items, seasonal/special item allocations, field quality, pricing/execution surveys, crew drives
Market Ethics & Legal:
- Always acts professionally, is responsible with alcohol, and avoids "grey area" sales
Availability: Sells in new distribution to all on- and off-premise accounts. Communicates availability of monthly one-off beers in a clear and constant basis.
Visibility & Velocity: Sells in volume-enhancing signage and programs to accounts and merchandises products when available and where legal.
Education: Educates distributors, retailers, and consumers in the territory on all general brewery and brand knowledge via distributor sales meeting presentations ride with responsibilities, retail staff education, consumer tastings, and events.
Quality: Physically inspects all products in all settings for freshness and ensures all brewery collateral in the market matches brewery Guide standards.
Communication: Writes brief market visit recap emails to distributors and General Sales Manager weekly that list achievements and needed follow-up help. Weekly schedule sent to General Sales Manager only.
Relationships: Develops and maintains strong relationships with distributors and retail personnel.
Special Projects: Executes Quarterly Focus, specific strategic programs, and requested implementations by the General Sales Manager to include surveys (pricing, distribution, execution, and quality), crew drives, events, and more.
- At least 75% of time should be spent with accounts, distributors, or consumers.
- Review VIP data weekly to identify sales opportunities, Be prepared to communicate opportunities with the General Sales Manager.
- Make 20 or more sales calls per week, 6 of which are on set appointments. Be ready with selling tools in the car and sales bag at all times.
- Document all sales calls after each call- via Karma by Vermont Information Processing.
- Achieve consistently satisfactory progress against quarterly objectives set by the General Sales Manager.
- Execute On- & Off-Premise Chain calls as assigned.
- Execute distributor ride-alongs and/or sales calls with distributor team members regularly.
- Deliver expense reports on time, follow expense guidelines, and stay under-budgeted expense spending Distributor visits with a frequency determined by the General Sales Manager.
- Create, with General Sales Manager, and deliver an Annual Business Plan for all region wholesalers.
- Participate in team conversations about sales strategy - use in-the-field experience, market feedback, industry, and market knowledge to provide perspective. Deliver on Mondays, via email, all market visit recaps and weekly schedule to the General Sales Manager. Deliver sales recaps to distributors weekly via email.
- Keep thorough, up-to-date notes and data in Karma - including account contact info, new and closed accounts, and potential leads
Point Of Contact: Acts as a point of contact for all distributor relationships in the assigned Territory.
Annual Market Plan: Creates, with the General Sales Manager, an Annual Business Plan (ABP) with all distributors in coverage area that includes a review of previous results, a brewery branding plan for the upcoming year, program plans, agreed-upon execution objectives, budget, and an overall execution calendar for the upcoming year. Assist with the presentation of the Annual Business Plan to each distributor.
Distributor Knowledge: Has detailed working knowledge of each distributor partner’s organization and go-to-market system. Cultivates positive relationships with all members of the management and sales teams.
Inventory: Monitors distributor inventories and orders. Including stock levels and freshness
Knowledge, Skills & Requirements:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Reliable Transportation to perform job duties
- Flexible schedule: available to work evenings/nights as needed
- Extensive knowledge of product lines and the beverage industry in the assigned territory, specifically local breweries and competing distributors.
- Proficient verbal, written, and group communication skills.
- Position requires computer proficiency – proficient in Microsoft office suite, Google suite, mobile apps, and CRM
- Good decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive hand and arm movements frequently
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs routinely and participate in the occasional movement of full kegs
- Must be able to stand, squat, walk, pull, push, kneel on uneven surfaces
- Must be able to routinely climb\descend stairs
- Must be able to walk\stand outside in a variety of weather conditions at events\festivals
Wages & Benefits
- Base salary plus uncapped commission – dependent on experience.
- Personalized paid time off policy
- Take-home beer and merch allowance
- Unlimited high fives
- Please send resume and cover letter including relevant experience which territory you are applying for and favorite breed of dog to katie -at- paradoxbrewery -dot- com
- Paradox Brewery provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.