Palm Bay International
OtherView Full Profile
About The Position
Palm Bay International, a dynamic family-owned company, offers one of the nation’s most comprehensive portfolios of imported wines and spirits, including over 50 suppliers from around the globe. Among Palm Bay’s most valued assets is its remarkable network of long-term partnerships with the foremost wholesale companies in all 50 states, as well as the Caribbean, Mexico and Central America. With the crucial collaboration of these partners, Palm Bay’s portfolio is able to meet the needs of every level of the industry, from independent restaurants and retail stores, to chain accounts, supermarkets, hotels, airlines, cruise ships, duty-free accounts and U.S. military bases. This impressive roster of brands, accounts and relationships positions Palm Bay as a major source of fine wines and spirits and an industry leader in the U.S. marketplace. For more visit: www.palmbay.com.
Location: Northern California
Position Overview: The Northern California Spirit Field Sales Consultant is a sales role responsible for overseeing the business planning, development and execution, ensuring the delivery of profitable growth through effective distributor management and market plan execution. This role is an integral point of contact for distributor leadership in the assigned area to effectively develop and execute the annual sales plan. The Spirit Territory Manager reports directly to the Northern California Regional Manager to optimize tactical spend in a way that drives organic and sustainable growth.
Responsibilities/Essential Functions: The candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, managing inventory, par levels, programming, travel (limited to driving distances unless previously approved by Western Division VP), sales and account tracking, running reports, weekly reports submissions, work-withs’, surveys, executing plans/programming, education, spirit dinners/events, tastings, general sales meetings, Bar parties, Friday team meetings etc.
Additional Key function will be to work with our visiting suppliers on an as requested basis and working and coordinating market blitzes
Candidate will work closely with the Northern California Regional Manager and team in a collaborative effort to build a profitable and sustainable foundation of business. Work with our wholesale network to manage and grow the Spirit portfolio in the Northern California.
Planning & Forecasting
- Establish an annual business plan to meet target volume and profit goals for assigned areas, always in conjunction with Regional and Division Managers.
- Monitor plan to performance and develop contingency and gap closing alternatives as needed.
- Monitor market conditions to proactively mitigate issues and to capitalize on growth opportunities.
- Constantly evaluate competitive activity, report market trends, make recommendations regarding pricing, market needs, customer requests, and inform Regional Manager of market conditions and distributor quota items.
- Drive the development of effective market assessments and convert to effective business plans that drive profitable growth.
- Manages new product introductions to ensure on target shipments and depletions.
- Manage supplier market visits by planning account calls, trade luncheons, and evening events.
- Conduct distributor brand educations in both small and large group settings.
- Focus on mixology channel of the spirt business, present and work with top and upcoming bartenders in the trade to build ambassadors of Palm Bay International.
- 5 years or more in the Spirit or adult beverage industry
- On and off premise spirit sales experience preferred
- Strong communication, both written and verbal
- Superior organizational skills, detail oriented, must be able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic, high energy, team-oriented atmosphere.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft office
Palm Bay offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), paid vacation, personal time off and 11 paid company holidays.
Palm Bay International is an equal opportunity employer.