Production and Manufacturing
2013-01-01View Full Profile
About The Position
In this position, the Marketing Manager will implement marketing and advertising campaigns by assembling and analyzing sales forecasts, preparing marketing and advertising strategies, plans, and objectives. The Marketing Manager will also plan and organize promotional presentations, update calendars and will be the primary liaison between all departments to maintain organization and marketing structure. This position will report directly to the Head of Marketing.
Duties may include:
- Planning and organizing promotional presentations; updating calendars.
- Creates marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales data.
- Keeps promotional materials ready by collaborating with design resources and outside vendors; inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Supports sales staff by providing sales data, market trends, forecasts, account analyses, new product information; relaying customer services requests.
- Researches competitive products by identifying and evaluating product characteristics, market share, pricing, and advertising; maintaining research databases.
- Plans meetings and trade shows by identifying, assembling, and managing requirements; establishing contacts; developing schedules and assignments; coordinating mailing lists.
- Achieves organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job duties.
- Manage Trade Show program, including but not limited to: identifying shows for attendance, planning all aspects of shows and collaborating with design resources and agencies for booth activation
- Collaborate with social media teams and advise on new artwork or image needs
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading trade publications.
- Collaborate directly with Sales team to analyze and maximize market performance and identify missed opportunities.
- Track, manage and monitor store and distributor trade promotions, ad programs and trade-related expenses.
- Manage marketing budget by implementing controls, tracking expenses and provide analysis of the effectiveness of events, demos, couponing and other marketing initiatives.
- Work with management team to maintain monthly and quarterly consumption reports and provide analysis of the syndicated data (SPINS) and Whole Foods.
- Investigate, own and maximize company presence and effectiveness at consumer events and shows.
- 5+ years working within the grocery/CPG industry.
- Experience building and marketing a branded product.
- Working knowledge of grocery business from production to retail, including fluency with promotions and other industry standards.
- Working knowledge of distribution and logistics
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Business Management or other related field.
- Quick and independent learner.
- Self-starter who can work independently, organize and track work.
- Thrive in a start up environment with limited resources.
- Excel in building and expanding a brand.
- Proficient with MS office and programs.
- Experience with sales reporting and analytics.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit, talk, hear, stoop, or kneel.
- Is regularly required to use hand and fingers to operate computers, keyboards, telephone, and other electronic office equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work.
- Light to moderate lifting is required.
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Supplemental Insurance
- Sick Pay
- Fun work and great co-workers!
- Relocation provided for the right candidate
Outer Aisle Gourmet is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Outer Aisle Gourmet does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Reports To Head of Marketing