About The Position
We are seeking an experienced Director of Business Development & Partnerships to join our leadership team.
This role reports directly to the Founder/CEO and focuses primarily on developing a sales strategy and helping execute it to grow our business. In this role, you will develop a growth strategy, manage day-to-day sales operations, manage our relationships with distributors and buyers, and eventually manage and hire a Sales team.
Must be a team player, good communicator, strategic, flexible, and a critical thinker with a desire to constantly improve and scale all aspects of the business. We are a growing company and are seeking the right candidate who will grow with the startup!
- Develop a multi-channel sales and growth strategy
- Develop and maintain relationships with distributors, buyers, and other B2B sales channels
- Target and secure new accounts across the country
- Develop and implement sales presentations to secure new accounts
- Analyze monthly sales reports to identify opportunities
- Find unique ways to drive sales volume
- Pitch our products and acquire new grocery, retail, and foodservice customers
- Maintain a good understanding of our products, margin structure, and promo strategies
- Track sales metrics and customer status to meet KPIs
- Contribute to weekly calls, and discuss successes, challenges, company strategies
- Act as an ambassador for the brand and participate in field marketing activities as needed
- Manage and hire a sales team
- Work closely with the Head of Growth Marketing
- 5-10+ years of sales experience in CPG (coffee/tea/beverage experience is a plus)
- 2+ years of management experience and proficiency in cross-functional collaboration
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize, problem solve and manage a high work volume
- Highly motivated, resourceful, and have a go-getter mentality
- Self-driven and capable of taking ownership over your work area
- Demonstrated problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills (Excel)
- Ability to develop strong sales presentations and pitches (PowerPoint)
- Highly organized and detail-oriented (implement and use a CRM)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite products
Compensation & Benefits
- Base salary commensurate on experience
- Equity package
- Comp structure will include sales targets with bonuses
- Get experience scaling a fast-growing startup
- Amazing chai!