About The Position
As the Director of Growth at Omsom, you will lead our DTC growth marketing strategy to meet Omsom’s high-growth and high-impact goals. You will use your analytical and creative chops to accelerate growth of our e-commerce business.
is building the new authority in Asian Food CPG, bringing proud, loud Asian flavors into your home kitchen. Founded by 2 first-gen sisters + daughters of Vietnamese refugees, Omsom partners with iconic Asian chefs to create pantry shortcuts. No more diluted dishes, no more cultural compromise — just bold Asian flavors at your fingertips. We launched in May 2020 and have since sold out 7X and acquired 35K+ customers (90% organically!). We’re backed by some of the best investors + DTC/CPG founders in the biz, like Jen Rubio (Away), Scott Norton (Sir Kensington’s), Miguel + Alexandra Garza (Siete), and Shan-Lyn Ma (Zola). As seen in Fast Company
the TODAY Show, Business Insider
, Food & Wine
As the Director of Growth at Omsom, you will lead our DTC growth marketing strategy to meet Omsom’s high-growth and high-impact goals, reporting to the CEO. You will use your analytical and creative chops to accelerate growth of our e-commerce business, driving retention and customer acquisition with a focus on building deep loyalty, brand longevity and profitability. Success will be measured by growth of customer acquisition and retention, depth of customer engagement, and ability to meet revenue goals.
This is a full-time role. Strong preference for candidates based in NYC, but we can be flexible for the right candidate.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Build an omni-channel growth marketing strategy that ladders up to Omsom’s growth, revenue, and retention goals with a focus on high-ROI channels, including, but not limited to: paid social, email, affiliate, SMS, SEO/SEM
- Prioritize key channels to create an efficient marketing mix focusing on first-purchase profitability, taking a relentlessly funnel-driven, test-oriented approach, optimizing every stage of the path to purchase
- Leverage your robust analytical skillset to deliver actionable insights, set and measure KPIs per channel (CAC/LTV, retention, AOV, ROAS), and build insightful dashboards to report on performance and efficiency on a weekly and monthly basis
- Meet revenue targets through consistently optimizing existing performance, as well as proactively testing and scaling new channels
- Optimize customer lifecycle marketing, subscription, and loyalty programs to hit retention and subscriber growth goals
- Ensure deep buy-in to Omsom’s vision and goals for Omsom’s extended marketing team, including web developers, agencies and contractors, driving accountability in quality and deliverables
- Create our digital roadmap and manage site optimizations to drive improved campaign and conversion results — always measuring and quantifying our efforts
- Set our performance marketing budget and forecasts in collaboration with our Senior Director of Marketing to ensure our acquisition-focused activities complement and amplify all our other marketing efforts
- 3-5+ years experience as a full-stack digital growth marketer (customer acquisition, email, and retention) with a proven track record of scaling growth at an early-stage DTC startup
- Highly strategic and analytical with the ability to deliver strong qualitative and quantitative analyses, turn insight into actionable performance optimization and ladder up to company-wide goals
- Expert in marketing automation software, Shopify, Klaviyo, attribution modeling, digital tools (Google Analytics, data warehouse, etc.), and funnel optimization to understand CPA, attribution, cohort analysis, and LTV
- Experienced managing channels, agencies and contractors across paid social, paid search, email, SEO / SEM with a thoughtful and kind approach
- Deeply understands + is passionate about Omsom’s mission, vision + values
- Experienced collaborating with cross-functional partners like operations and customer service for cross-functional planning (e.g., inventory and forecasting)
- Believes in the value of investing in brand equity alongside growth, and building a deeply loyal, evangelist community in service of long-term value creation
- Driven by action and achieving results; proactive, hard-working and resourceful in pushing progress forward and meeting accelerated timelines
- Strong collaborator, skilled at building trusting relationships, getting buy-in and advocating for Omsom’s needs and priorities
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced and highly-fluid environment
- Culture fit: empathetic, understanding, fun
We offer a competitive salary package, strong health benefits, an unlimited vacation policy, monthly fun team activities, and a monthly wellness stipend.
Please fill out this short application by EOD Thursday, June 10th.
It will ask for your resume and a short statement about why you’re excited about our company/product/mission. Candidates must be authorized to work in the US.
Omsom was founded by two Vietnamese sisters - Vanessa and Kim Pham. Vanessa is a CPG and e-comm strategist and alumna of Bain and Harvard. Kim is a longtime startup operator and ex-VC. Both are Forbes 30 Under 30 recipients.
We have 3 main values:
Rising Tides Raise All Boats - We believe underrepresented communities can unlock and amplify each other’s mobility and influence.
Lead and Work Wholeheartedly - We hire, collaborate, and make decisions from a place of abundance, making sure to revel in the journey, not the destination.
Build With Intention, Without Concession - We are committed to uncompromised flavors and undiluted stories. As a company, we exist to reclaim, honor, and celebrate POC communities and cuisines.
As a company that was built from a desire for inclusion and representation, Omsom seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply. BIPOC, womxn, and LGBTQ+ individuals are highly encouraged to apply.