About The Position
Oliver Winery, the 29th largest winery in the US, is seeking an experienced Facilities Director to join our quality-driven team. Join the team at our growing winery in beautiful Bloomington, IN.
Oliver Winery is seeking an experienced Facilities Director to join our quality-driven Facilities/Operations team. The Facilities Director is responsible for oversight of Winery facilities and for creating a safe and efficient work environment to optimize staff performance and productivity. As a leader of the Facility department, this staff member supports day to day operations, ensures efficient operation of our property and facilities, mitigates risk, and ensures that our facility meets the current and future needs of customers and staff. The ideal candidate has 10-12 years of experience in a manufacturing facility environment, knowledge of mechanical/electrical and other municipal codes, and has demonstrated experience managing and developing staff, working with Microsoft Office, maintenance software and architectural/engineering drawings, and project management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Maintain Building Systems & Equipment
- Maintains building systems and equipment including HVAC units, glycol chillers, hot water heaters, walk in refrigeration units/coolers, and others utilizing our maintenance management software system to ensure completed schedule of work.
- Develops, implements, and manages preventive maintenance programs for all facilities and equipment.
- Ensures compliance with mechanical, electrical and all other municipal and state codes.
- Regularly inspects facilities and equipment for any necessary maintenance or repairs.
- Makes determinations about scope of maintenance and/or repair activities which can be accomplished by in-house maintenance staff and which are to contracted out in efficient/effective manner.
- Manages and supervises all vendor work related to facilities and equipment, ensuring quality and on-time completion of services within budget.
- Performs hands-on repair work in a prioritized and timely manner including, but not limited to, chiller, HVAC, small engine, plumbing and dry wall repairs, painting, and parts replacement.
- Maintains technical competency and remains current in technology in all areas of job. Keeps abreast of changing technology on HVAC systems, mechanical controls, fire safety and security systems, etc.
- Manages energy management and security systems, including keys, access cards, and related items.
- Assists all departments with special projects when necessary.
Oversee Landscaping & Grounds Maintenance
- Maintains the high standards of the Oliver Winery Customer Experience as it relates to grounds and building cleanliness, maintenance, functionality, and safety.
- Oversees Landscape Manager in creation of a safe and pleasing grounds experience. With landscape manager, creates and manages the annual department plan and budget.
Lead Facilities and Landscaping Teams
- Interviews, recommends for hire, evaluates, and constructively develops all department personnel.
- Plans, prioritizes, schedules, and delegates work assignments to ensure the efficient operation and maintenance of the facility and your team.
Lead Construction Projects
- Represents the Winery in architect and general contractor planning meetings for capital improvement projects.
- Manages the preparation of bid specifications, reviews bids and makes recommendations on bid acceptance for capital improvement projects.
- Plans, schedules, assigns, and follows up with all major and minor facilities' projects in coordination with Winery management team.
- Serves as liaison with GC on major projects.
Manage Department Budget and Operational Plan, and Facilities Compliance
- Manages department projects to completion, ensuring that results meet timeliness, budget and quality standards.
- Prepares the annual department operating budget and monitors expenditures via monthly variance reporting.
- Oversees recordkeeping and inspections for various compliance areas (Homeland Security, Fire Marshal, Insurance Adjustor, Elevator/Boiler Inspections, etc).
- Integrates with Winemaking Management Team and other Directors to formulate department goals and initiatives to support achievement of overall company goals.
- Maintains all required departmental records, paperwork, and documents.
Oversee Safety Program
- In conjunction with Human Resources, leads Winery Safety Committee.
- Checks for safety hazards, facilitates other departments' reporting any critical observations, and makes recommendation for correction and improvement where needed.
- Collaborates with Human Resources Director to ensure that safety programs, trainings, and logs are accurate and up to date.
- Conducts safety training with new and current employees.
- 10-12 years' experience in a manufacturing facility environment.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related technical field.
- Experience leading, managing and developing staff.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and maintenance software.
- Experience with architectural/engineering drawings.
- Experience reviewing technical drawings and design documents.
- Experience with vendor negotiations.
- Project management experience.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask effectively.
- Ability to lift or move a minimum of 50 pounds regularly.
- HVAC Certification preferred.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical and all other municipal and state codes.
- Possession of a valid driver's license and ability to be insured on company vehicles.
- Due to the nature of our business, must be at least 21 years of age.
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Works on feet for extended periods of time.
- Enjoys problem solving/troubleshooting.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Shows good judgment, initiative, and integrity.
- Seeks new knowledge and experiences to enhance value as Oliver Winery employee.
- Interacts well with customers and vendors, as well as fellow employees and winery managers.
- Takes ownership of responsibilities.
- Willingness to communicate in a persuasive and constructive manner that leads to positive change.
In addition, all successful winery employees are able to:
- Use your attitude and effort to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Be thoughtfully engaged and do your best work. Every day.
- Model the winery values: Respect People, Expect Quality, Think Differently, Get Stuff Done.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT: This is a physical job in a winery/production setting that will require long periods of standing, walking, lifting, climbing ladders and the ability to observe others and the work environment. This position may occasionally be exposed to wet or humid conditions, work near moving mechanical parts, outdoor power equipment, chemicals, and outdoor weather conditions.
Typical Schedule: Position is full-time, salaried. Typical schedule is Monday-Friday with occasional night/weekend work.
Core Values of Oliver Winery:
- Respect People. Respect others in your interactions with fellow staff, customers, suppliers, and all you meet in conducting winery business. Listen as much as you talk. Be respectful, friendly, and dependable.
- Expect Quality. Quality matters. Expect the best from yourself and fellow staff. Do your job with pride and attention to detail.
- Think Differently. Be curious and creative. Seek out ways to improve our products, our brand, our service, and our facility.
- Get Stuff Done. Make smart decisions and deliver results. See solutions, not roadblocks. Execute great ideas with urgency.
Employee Benefits & Perks:
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and supplemental benefit packages.
- Generous PTO and Paid Holidays.
- Employer 401(k) matching program of up to 6% of annual compensation.
- Paid training and meetings. Opportunities for professional development.
- Access to our award-winning Live Well wellness program featuring fitness reimbursements, charitable giving matches, and education on topics including financial health, physical wellbeing, and more.
- Generous employee discount on wine, food and merchandise.
This position requires a cover letter to be submitted along with your resume.
For more information about working at Oliver Winery, check us out on Glassdoor
This document is confidential and contains proprietary information and intellectual property of Oliver Winery, Inc. Disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this document and the information contained therein is strictly prohibited.
© 2021 OLIVER WINERY & VINEYARDS, BLOOMINGTON, IN 47404 | OLIVER IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF OLIVER WINE COMPANY, INC.