About The Position
OLIPOP was founded in 2017 by Ben Goodwin and David Lester. Ben and David have been working together for nearly a decade to find accessible solutions to bring the benefits of digestive health to as many consumers as possible. OLIPOP is a deliciously refreshing tonic that is crafted with prebiotics, botanicals and natural plant fiber to support your microbiome and benefit digestive health. We're on a mission to provide an affordable, delicious alternative to soda that delivers leading edge health benefits to mainstream consumers.
Our team is a special bunch, with a very unique way of working. We’re all fully remote, which makes us all highly collaborative and resourceful. We share a singular mission to make the world a better place with a product that supports your health and is truly enjoyable. And while we’re invested in our product, we’re equally invested in one another's personal development. We’re tightly knit, we’re genuine and we’re always pushing the envelope to do a better job than we did the day before.
OLIPOP is looking for an authentic, eager, and highly motivated individual to join the team as our Sales Operations Manager. This is a great opportunity to have a front row seat at a fast growing start up and new emerging category within functional beverages. In this role, you will Support the Sales team with administrative requirements that support the daily and long term business needs, and be the backbone of the efficient running of the sales team. If you’re looking for a fast paced environment, an opportunity for personal growth, and enjoy having fun along the way, then this is a role you’ll thrive in!
People Manager for Sales/Omnichannel Departments
- Support the Sales Team with general administrative tasks to help them perform their daily functions effectively
Manage New Direct Customer Onboarding
- Process distributors set up forms, category review submissions, promotional forms, and manage vendor portals
Manage setup of new products with retailers, brokers and distribution partners
- Completion of new item forms and paperwork for various retailers/distributors/customers
Manage the Wholesale Direct Channel and new account setups
- Assist with Drop Ship and Omnichannel Programs
Manage vendor portals
Manage Product Data Syndication (GDSN)
- Experience with a data pool provider (Syndigo, 1WorldSync, etc.)
Systematic and continuous organization of sales documents on our company drive and Dropbox
Provide administrative support for all-team Zoom meetings and logistical support for sales team meetings
Lead new hire onboarding and setup for the sales team.
Liaison between other departments, brokers and clients, providing the best customer service
Provide consistent feedback for constant process improvement in the sales organization to scale with business growth
- Humility, Aspiration, Commitment, Integrity- our OLIPOP company values.
- Deeply passionate about OLIPOP, and has the desire and hunger to make an impact on people and society.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail, however not to the point of being inflexible.
- The ability to produce accurate work quickly & efficiently, and with excellent follow-up communication.
- Agile in determining and managing priorities, and adaptable in a fluid and fast paced environment.
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously and without supervision.
- Strong planning, organization and project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with external partners and our internal leadership.
- Experience with Shelvspace
- Full competence with Microsoft and Google Suite, and familiar with collaboration tools such as Slack and Zoom.
- Eagerness to learn and adapt to new software and technologies.
- Ability to work remotely, work as a team, and is an active team culture contributor.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and/or weekends.
OLIPOP requires all employees, unless they have received an approved exemption as an accommodation for a medical issue or sincerely held religious belief, to be “up to date” on their vaccines prior to their date of hire. A person is considered “up to date” on their COVID-19 vaccines after they have received their primary series of doses and their booster shots, when eligible. When a person is not eligible for a booster, they are considered “up to date” two weeks after they receive the final dose of their primary series. When a person is eligible for a booster, they are considered “up to date” immediately after they receive the booster. This policy applies to any vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the FDA, including by way of an emergency use authorization, or by the World Health Organization (WHO), or an active COVID-19 clinical trial (non-placebo). Vaccination verification (or accommodation approval) must be completed before the date of hire.
At OLIPOP, our differences make us stronger. We hire talented, unique people who are encouraged to be their authentic selves and support their team members to do the same. We serve a community made up of many cultures and strive to reflect that diversity with a workplace built on respect.