About The Position
OLIPOP was founded in 2017 by Ben Goodwin and David Lester. Ben and David have been working together for nearly a decade to find accessible solutions to bring the benefits of digestive health to as many consumers as possible. OLIPOP is a deliciously refreshing tonic that is crafted with prebiotics, botanicals and natural plant fiber to support your microbiome and benefit digestive health. We're on a mission to provide an affordable, delicious alternative to soda that delivers leading edge health benefits to mainstream consumers.
Our team is a special bunch, with a very unique way of working. We’re all fully remote, which makes us all highly collaborative and resourceful. We share a singular mission to make the world a better place with a product that supports your health and is truly enjoyable. And while we’re invested in our product, we’re equally invested in one another's personal development. We’re tightly knit, we’re genuine and we’re always pushing the envelope to do a better job than we did the day before.
OLIPOP is searching for an Area Sales Manager to join our team and represent us in the Arizona market, preferably based in Phoenix, Arizona. This position focuses on impact in the field built on the back of amazing relationships. Our fast turning product is distributed through a range of different stores in the Arizona market from retailers like Whole Foods, Sprouts, Fry’s Food and independent retailers.
In this role you’ll have to prioritize your time to focus on the highest impact areas, while working with and inspiring our DSD partners and third-party sales resources in the region to deliver a whole greater than the sum of its parts. You’ll be opening new doors, but you’ll also be building on high velocities we are already seeing in the market. If you’re looking for a fast paced environment, an opportunity for personal growth and responsibility, and enjoy having fun along the way, then this is a role you’ll thrive in!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Humility, Aspiration, Commitment, Integrity- our OLIPOP company values. Start-Up is as much a personal journey as it is a professional one. We can teach you functional skills but we can’t change the way that you view and interact with the world. To succeed at a company like this you need to be able to fail, learn, adapt and fail again. You need to be able to keep going when others would likely give up. You need to be able to find a way when it seems impossible. You need to be humble enough to learn and confident enough to express yourself. If this is how you’ve lived your life, if these are the lessons your lived experiences have taught you then we’d love to hear from you.
WHAT YOU DON’T NEED
An MBA or a College degree. Our founders don’t have them and we don’t expect you to either.
REPORTS TO: Regional Sales Manager, So Pac
Deliver on monthly volume and distribution goals and achieve overall objectives in the market.
Manage partnerships with distributors, food brokers, and retailers in the Arizona market.
Conduct weekly “route rides” with our DSD partners and food brokers, and pinpoint opportunities for underperforming accounts and routes.
Monitor inventory and proper use of P.O.S. material. Follow through on all commitments made to distributor management, sales personnel, and the trade.
Assist our Regional Sales Manager in distributor management meetings by providing well documented reports on the levels of distribution, display, and sales by the distributor.
Implement and execute incentive programs intended to guide distributor organizations in achieving sales objectives.
Manage chain retailers: new item launches and retail programs.
Gain additional placement within accounts, including secondary points of purchase and cooler placement.
Collaborate with field-marketing teams to create comprehensive marketing plans to profitably increase market share.
- Deeply passionate about Olipop, and inspired by what we represent. Has the desire and hunger to make an impact.
- Obsession for understanding customer behavior. Lives, breathes and dreams about how to better reach & understand our consumers.
- Enthusiastic and comfortable working in an early stage company. Ability to think rapidly in a growing and changing environment.
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously – you can run with something from beginning to end.
- Works well with ambiguity and asks the right questions to get at the solution.
- Strong planning, organization and project management skills, along with excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills.
- Competence in Google Suite and Microsoft Suite. Experience with team collaboration tools such as Slack and Zoom preferred.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Clean driver’s license, reliable transportation and proof of insurance.
- Strong preference for candidates who reside in the Phoenix, AZ region, and/or have first-hand knowledge of the area.