About The Position
Leading craft distiller in the US and recognized as one of the fastest growing spirits companies in the market!
Full benefits, 401k match, 100% employer paid Short Term Disability and bonus opportunities.
Specified Region: Iowa, Minnisota, North Dakota, Nebraska and South Dakota.
Must Reside in Minneapolis or Des Moines
Primarily responsible for driving distribution and profitable sales and managing all aspects of distribution, pricing, promotion, inventory management and team within specified Region.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Meets regional sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Maintains and expands customer base by counseling district sales representatives; building and maintaining rapport with key customers; identifying new customer opportunities.
- Accomplishes regional sales human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees in assigned districts; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves regional sales operational objectives by contributing regional sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining regional sales system improvements; implementing change.
- Identifes opportunities for growth, present plan and tactics, execute to achieve agreed upon goals
- Manages investment per case while delivering on Regional sales goals
- Manages POS, local sales activations budgets
- Manage monthly travel and entertainment budgets
- Additional duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience related to Sales, Business Administration or relevant field
- Minimum of 8 years’ sales experience and 5 years managerial
- Availability to travel as needed
- Reliable transportation and valid drivers license
- Excellent communication and technology skills required
- Ability to lead a team to success
- Must be proficient with Microsoft office. POS knowledge a plus.
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
- In-depth understanding of customer needs in the region
- Strong critical thinking skillsAdaptability to market changes and trends
- Ability to work under pressure
- Business math; pricing, margins, forecasting etc.
- Organization skills a must to work with state government entities
Physical demands & work environment
- Must be able to work around alcohol and alcohol consumption ·
- May lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, long hours.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.