Old Elk Distilleries, LLC
SupplierView Full Profile
About The Position
- Deliver on defined KPI goals related to market penetration, visibility and quality of execution within defined territory.
- Maintain a key account list and develop personal relationships with key buyers/owners and managers in both on and off premise channels.
- Conduct in store tastings/promotions, seminars and staff trainings.
- Activate menu placements, features, events, and staff trainings on premise.
- Use Social Media platforms to promote activities and highlight partner accounts.
- Assist in preparing for and executing sales meetings to the distributor sales force.
- Monitor proper use of P.O.S. material. Follow through on all merchandizing commitments made to distributor management, sales personnel, and the trade.
- Identify sales opportunities within designated territory to acquire new accounts and expand existing placements.
- Coordinate with distributor to open/activate accounts not within the distributor’s account universe.
- Identify and contact key decision makers using diverse methods and tools (cold calling/visit, social media, events, etc.).
- Use of CRM system to manage leads and opportunities.
- Research and develop non-traditional, non-licensed event opportunities for cross-channel marketing promotions.
- Champion the on premise trade by managing lists of targeted account activations with urgency and intention.
Existing Customer Development:
- Tailor our value proposition to increase business with existing customers / maximize penetration rate in a customer outlet (share of shelf).
- Maintain and nurture relationship with key decision makers after the initial purchase to build partnership.
- Maintain calendar of activities and promotions ensuring distributor and third-party agency communications.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to understand and represent the brand at the expert level.
- Communicates account orders directly to appropriate distributor partners in real time.
- Operates via all guidelines and restrictions imposed by the ABCC within territory at all times.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Ability to work irregular hours including nights and weekends.
- High comfort level in the bar and restaurant environment in addition selling to owners and influencers.
- High comfort level in the retail environment selling to owners and influencers.
- Ability to speak articulately about spirits.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated good level leadership/project management skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience with medium to large account management preferred
- Ability and willingness to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to travel within their territory constantly.
- Manage company’s brand portfolio within assigned territory
- Responsible for delivering depletion, distribution and merchandising goals, covering both On and Off Premise channels
- Ensure implementation of brand programs/ display of POS
- Ensure execution of price structures and shelf sets
- Manage relationships with wholesaler personnel
- Call on key accounts under the direction of the State Manager
- Secure menu, feature, backbar placements, floor displays
- Conduct distributor sales meeting / work withs
- Arrange third-party tastings / promos.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Embraces and entrepreneurial approach to selling and obtaining objectives.
- Has previous experience selling alcoholic beverages, preferably with strong connections to the influential On Premise channels within their territory.
- Understands the impact of social media on today’s consumer and willing to use SM platforms to their advantage.
- Takes pride in themselves and what they do – are able to work with integrity at all times.
- 3+ years sales experience in the beverage industry
- 21+ Years Old;
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills;
- Self-motivated and hands-on;
- Strong Planning and Organizational Skills
- Existing relationships with key accounts a plus
- Ability to work non-traditional hours (nights / weekends)
- Must reside in the territory
- Basic computer skills
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Undergraduate Degree preferred
- Commensurate with experience.
- Reports To State Manager - California