About The Position
Ocotillo Holdings, LLC is based in San Diego, CA. Ocotillo Holdings encompasses Harland Brewing Co., Scout Distribution, and Claxton Cellars.
Ocotillo Holdings, LLC is looking for a talented Sr. Staff Accountant to lead the day-to-day accounting functions for three exciting and growing businesses within the craft beer and wine space. We are a fun and fast-paced environment and we’re looking for someone who enjoys the challenge of using accounting and finance best practices to improve processes, gain efficiencies and, ultimately, help guide our growth. We reward hard work, promote from within, support career development and foster a fun and friendly work environment. We offer paid holidays, benefits, 401k, merchandise discount and a generous beer stipend!
- Perform month-end close entries and reconciliations of critical G/L accounts such as revenue, COGS, selective expenses, inter-company receivables/payables, fixed assets, and equity for multiple businesses.
- Manage Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable staff and provide insight & assistance when needed.
- Manage company cashflow, reconcile bank statements
- Generate monthly financial statements for each subsidiary.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements and record appropriate eliminations.
- Provide recommendations to improve internal control procedures and efficiency.
- Review all transactions for proper GL, departmental, and subsidiary coding and books adjusting journal entries as needed.
- Research moderately complex to complex Accounting issues and recommend solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist the VP of Finance with the coordination, analysis, review and input of subsidiary budgets.
- Communicate and work with department leads to provide commentary on monthly results and future financial planning.
- Work with Operations team to review and maintain annual capital projects budgets and forecast future capital needs.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Maintain all records in accordance with GAAP and corporate policy.
- Assist with any Federal or company audits.
Procurement & Inventory Management
- Direct periodic physical inventory counts and preform subsequent reconciliations to system records to provide variance analysis.
- Provide guidance on various procurement functions to leverage volume and pricing efficiencies and maintenance of proper inventory levels.
- Assist with short term and long-term raw material and packaging forecasts.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- 3+ years in an accounting environment is required
- Cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Experience with people management is preferred
- Must demonstrate a thorough understanding of accounting and ERP systems
- Must have the ability to evaluate and establish priorities to achieve short-term and long-term goals
- Solid communication skills with the ability to collaborate and influence others.
- Interest or passion in the craft beverage business a plus