About The Position
New York Shuk is a Brooklyn-based maker of handcrafted Middle Eastern pantry staples. Our products are an important part of our personal story - they represent our mission to keep our culinary heritage alive, while also giving home cooks the tools and inspiration to cook more deliciously for their family and friends.
New York Shuk has been featured in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Bon Appetit, Food & Wine, Goop, and more. Our products are found in independent grocery stores across the U.S. as well as Whole Foods, Fresh Direct, Central Market, Sprouts, and The Fresh Market.
- Manage Customer Service correspondence for website & wholesale customers. We believe in old fashioned hospitality and aim to transform potential customer issues into incredible experiences.
- Provide administrative support, including invoicing, managing office sample inventory, managing distributor deductions, etc.
- Create and maintain ongoing reports as required by the team (ex. Sales reporting, CX correspondence reporting)
- Contribute to and lead special projects on an ad hoc basis
Skills and Experience Required:
- 1+ years of professional experience (internships, etc.)
- Proficiency in GSuite and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Google Sheets. Knowledge of Quickbooks and/or Squarespace is a plus
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills and ability to collaborate with internal and external parties.
- Has exceptional project management skills, ability to meet deadlines, excellent follow-up skills; is self-directed, independent, detail-oriented, excellent follow-up skills.
The ideal candidate:
We are looking for someone who is as passionate about our mission as we are. If you have a can-do attitude, hustle mentality and LOVE food (you read about it, talk about it, cook when you can, and strive to always learn more.)
We are looking for someone who is as passionate about our mission as we are. This is a full-time role, with huge room for growth and will operate from our office in Brooklyn, NY (not a remote position). To apply, please submit your resume (or CV) and personalized cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: Operations Coordinator