About The Position
Munk Pack is a highly innovative and rapidly growing natural foods company. This is a hands-on role, with active management of co-manufacturing, quality control, purchasing, forecasting, inventory, etc. Join us if you're up for a challenge!
This position is responsible for the overall planning and coordination of contract manufacturing from start to finish, ensuring specifications are met for raw materials, packaging, and finished goods. He/She will ensure that goods are produced timely and efficiently at the right quality and cost, by several co-packing facilities. REMOTE CANDIDATES ARE WELCOME.
Candidates require outstanding attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks at once in a fast-paced startup environment. The ideal candidate has experience working at a small startup doing everything from A to Z with minimal assistance or supervision.
This position reports to the CEO. You can work fully remotely, and travel to manufacturing facilities is as needed to ensure successful product manufacturing.
- Production planning, oversight, and coordination with multiple contract manufacturers
- Bi-weekly forecasting and demand planning, taking the lead on forecasting in coordination with the Sales Operations manager, and budgeting accordingly.
- Managing relationships with contract manufacturers and suppliers
- Monitoring production runs (remotely & site visits), ensuring that products are produced to specification
- Sourcing ingredients for new products, sourcing alternate suppliers, overseeing purchasing
- Leading new product launches, developing and implementing quality specifications during trial productions and beyond
- Management of raw materials and supplies, contracting annual volumes and coordinating draw downs, following market changes that could affect pricing or supply
- Maintaining ERP system data and lot tracking
- Inventory reconciliation, calculating materials usage rates and shrinkage
- Oversee evaluation of production quality retains and quality testing. You will be managing a Quality and R&D Associate who performs this work.
- Addressing quality concerns with manufacturing facility, conducting root cause analysis, implementing corrective action, and assisting with customer service responses
- Maintaining product certifications (Gluten Free, Kosher, Vegan, Non-GMO Project Verified)
- Improving operational efficiencies, reducing costs, implementing systems to pre-empt, identify, and promptly correct any operational or quality issues
- Reporting strategies and key metrics, achieving quality and cost targets
- Other duties as needed
- 5+ years of operations management experience with a consumer goods company
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Outstanding attention to detail
- “Quality is key” mentality
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Eager to work for a small company, roll up your sleeves, and take on lots of responsibility!