M.S. Walker, Inc.
Importer, Distributor, and Production and ManufacturingView Full Profile
About The Position
Who we are: Founded in Boston in 1933, M.S. Walker is a 5th-generation, family-owned wine and spirits importer and distributor, a spirits bottler, and a national supplier. We serve On-Premise and Off-Premise establishments throughout the Northeast, with direct operations in Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey and Rhode Island and brokerage operations in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont. We represent a budding portfolio of wine and spirits nationwide, including our own brands, and we strive to offer the most prestigious portfolio in the industry. M.S. Walker has built our foundation and future on our people – our employees are truly our greatest asset. Our company boasts a diverse pool of exceptionally special team members who each bring their unique skills and experience to the organization.
Who you are: If you have a passion for wine, an appreciation for the burgeoning craft/artisan spirits market, love for the competitive sport of selling, and seek an opportunity to work alongside some of the most interesting people and producers you’ll ever meet, be advised that we are actively seeking an experienced, polished professional looking to take his or her career to the next level.
Our fine wine and craft spirits business is EXPLODING. We have an excellent opportunity, for the right person, who must be in possession of the following qualifications:
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in fine-wine wholesale distribution and/or importing, specifically on Long Island.
· Goal oriented
· Commitment to continuous education- wine, sales and otherwise
· Excellent organization and follow up
· Strong work ethic
· Thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Superb written/oral communication skills
· Positive mental attitude; team player
· Superior wine and spirits knowledge combined with a commitment to continuous improvement in all facets of our business.
· Adept relationship-builder
· Effective self-management skills, specifically time management and territory call planning
· Existing account relationships on Long Island.
· Industry References (at least three)
Who you are: The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities in order to be successful in this role:
· Minimum 5 years’ experience
· Experience in the wine and spirits industry preferred
· Relationship building and selling skills a must
· Ability to walk, sit, stand, reach overhead and lift up to 45lbs
· Valid driver’s license required
Benefits: We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
· Medical, dental and vision coverage
· 401K program
· Flexible spending options
· Disability & Life Insurance packages
· Paid Vacation & Holidays
· Career advancement opportunities
· Wellness programs and discount fitness memberships
· Employee Assistance Program
| Functions necessary to complete the above listed requirements of job description:
Computation Skills: Continuously
Lift/Carry 0-55 lbs: Frequently
Reach Overhead: Occasionally
Use of Computer: Continuously
Verbal Communication: Continuously
Occasionally = 0-2 Hours Daily
Frequently = 3-5 Hours Daily
Continuously = 6-10 Hours Daily