About The Position
Who we are: Founded in Boston in 1933, M.S. Walker is a 5th-generation, family-owned wine and spirits importer and distributor, a spirits bottler, and a national supplier. We serve On-Premise and Off-Premise establishments throughout the Northeast, with direct operations in Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey and Rhode Island and brokerage operations in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont. We represent a budding portfolio of wine and spirits nationwide, including our own brands, and we strive to offer the most prestigious portfolio in the industry. M.S. Walker has built our foundation and future on our people – our employees are truly our greatest asset. Our company boasts a diverse pool of exceptionally special team members who each bring their unique skills and experience to the organization.
Are you looking for a dynamic career path and a company that promotes from within? Do you enjoy engaging with business and technology colleagues to drive innovation solutions? Are you interested in being a key building block on a growing technology team?
The Project Manager – Business Analyst will support the CIO by engaging with business stakeholders in sales, operations, and manufacturing to address business requirements and needs through project delivery. Project Managers will facilitate initial estimation, planning, design, delivery, and adoption.
Project Managers will coordinate technical delivery with their IT colleagues and business counterparts. Projects range in complexity and impact, from small enhancements to full scale enterprise-wide platform implementations.
After Action Reviews and lessons learned activities facilitated by the Project Manager will help the CIO and their business executive counterparts improve the project delivery process. Improvements should focus on reducing risk, eliminating potential rework, and driving return on investment. Project Managers will work with the CIO from time to time to select technology vendors and systems integration partners.
Ideal candidates will have experience taking on multiple improvement projects of varying size in the Consumer and Packaged Goods (CPG) industry. Experience with implementing an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution with sales, finance, and warehouse management capabilities is preferred, including early stage solution definition and vendor selection steps from a comparable transformation.
Our team members have a passion for business improvement and technology enabled transformation. We have a wide variety of projects and initiatives as part of a dynamic, growing organization. You’ll work inside a team environment, partnering with business stakeholders and IT leadership to help our organization continue to grow.
- Be a team-player with a Positive Attitude and a Desire to develop personally
- Excellent technical, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience actively using and learning about consumer electronics
- Explain complex technical issues to customers in a non-technical, simple to understand manner
- Apply proven practices in technology project management, including waterfall and Agile delivery methods.
- Enable standard project delivery at MSW, introducing and facilitating standard project delivery tools and solutions.,
- Facilitate project definition activities and approval, including project resource, schedule, budget, and technical solution estimation and planning.
- Coordinate complex projects across business, technology, executive, and vendor stakeholders to ensure implementation and adoption.
- Define project value and return on investment. Measure value delivered after implementation.
- Manage adoption and change management risks, ensuring that business stakeholders are engaged and ready for adoption.
- Work closely with the technology and business leadership to communicate progress, priorities, and escalate issues.
- The Project Manager – Business Analyst helps leadership prioritize projects in terms of need and benefit.
- Plan and execute projects to deliver on the business improvements and change enablement objectives defined during business engagement.
- Engage with business and IT leadership to keep them appraised of progress, risk, and project expenses.
- Manage project budgets of varying size, including project budgets of $1M USD and 12 months in duration for transformational initiatives, but typically under $100K USD and under 4 months in duration.
- Ensure that change enablement considerations are factored into the project, ensuring that adoption and change goals are met, in addition to the fulfillment of business and technical requirements.
- Coordinate with small vendor, business, and technology teams (under 10 people, typically, up to 30 people at peak).
- Suggest process improvements for project and portfolio management as part of post implementation after action reviews with stakeholder
If you’re a good fit for the job, you’ll have:
- 7+ years’ experience as a Project Manager and Business Analyst
- Experience managing multiple projects in parallel
- Experience in defining and managing project budgets of $1M USD including resourcing, licensing, and hosting
- Experience in leading an ERP effort through selection, planning, delivery, and adoption as part of a business transformation
- Familiarity with organizational change management and training frameworks
- Knowledge of project planning, design, delivery, and adoption proven practices
- Experience supporting platform implementation and leading stakeholders through a change
- 4-year degree required
Physical effort and dexterity:
- Ability to stand for long periods of time up to 100% of shift
- Ability to lean over to focus on working at a computer station up to 100% of shift
Visual acuity, hearing, speaking:
- There is potential for specific vision abilities that may be required by this job including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception & ability to adjust focus.
- Vocal communications is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word and/or to communicate with customers and/or users.
- Hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels.
Environment and scheduling:
- Nights and weekend work may be required. Flexible with scheduling changes.
- Must keep a clean, dust free work environment.
- Regularly requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- Regularly requires working with others in a close proximity and sharing workspaces.
- Exposure to various materials including cardboard, various metals and plastics.
- Exposure to tools or material with sharp edges which may involve the risk of injury.
We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- Competitive pay
- Medical and Dental coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Vision coverage through VSP
- 11 paid holidays annually
- Paid sick days
- Vacation time
- 401K program through Fidelity Investments
- Disability & Life Insurance packages
- Career advancement opportunities
- Discount fitness memberships
- Work/Life resources
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Ongoing training to grow your skills
- Subsidized cell phone plan