About The Position
Founded in Boston in 1933, M.S. Walker is a 5th-generation, family-owned wine and spirits importer and distributor, a spirits bottler, and a national supplier. We have an immediate opening for a Part-time Regional Brand Ambassador.
Who we are: Founded in Boston in 1933, M.S. Walker is a 5th-generation, family-owned wine and spirits importer and distributor, a spirits bottler, and a national supplier. We serve On-Premise and Off-Premise establishments throughout the Northeast, with direct operations in Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey and Rhode Island and brokerage operations in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont. We represent a budding portfolio of wine and spirits nationwide, including our own brands, and we strive to offer the most prestigious portfolio in the industry. M.S. Walker has built our foundation and future on our people – our employees are truly our greatest asset. Our company boasts a diverse pool of exceptionally special team members who each bring their unique skills and experience to the organization.
What we are looking for: M.S. Walker has an immediate opening for a Part-time Regional Brand Ambassador for the Artisanal Distillates Mezcal and Sotol portfolio- Mezcal de Leyendas, Peloton de la Muerte Mezcal Artesanal and Fabriquero Sotol.
Information regarding the brands represented can be found at:
Also, on Instagram at:
• Sales / Trade Engagement / Education
o Achieve sales success:
· Visit 35+ accounts weekly
· making new retail and on-premise placements
· selling in and merchandising retail displays in existing and new retailers
· activate brand cocktail strategy at retail
· Achieve competitive brand adjacencies at retail for existing and new placements
· Achieve in service or to-go volume cocktail placements in the on-premise channel
· Merchanded current and new placements with the most up to date point of sale materials.
· Follow up to train staff on DNA, provenance, features and benefits of the brands
o Serve as regional facing product knowledge expert for Artisanal Distillates Portfolio; with a passion for storytelling and effective way to communicate brand's features, benefits, heritage and personality
o Educate trade, and distributor/broker partners on benefits of the Artisanal Distillates Portfolio
o Contribute to social media content that documents the brand’s impact in the regional community
o Support and work with sales teams at distributor in the market, at meetings and events
o Support retail, on-trade and consumer shows as required; attend the brand's booth at fests and other events in core markets
· Minimum of 3 in store tastings a month between Thursday afternoon and Sunday afternoon
o Provide monthly recaps of all activities
o Track KPIs, sales and reach goals regularly
o Report markets trends and competitor activity
Who you are: The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities in order to be successful in this role:
· Deep knowledge of craft spirits especially of the Mezcal and Agave category from production process to trends and brands
· Strong relationships in both the independent off and on-premise channels.
· Deep knowledge of spirits and cocktail development. Experience as a bartender creating craft cocktails
• Natural and charismatic storyteller, with strong public speaking skills, who has a passion for sharing their Mezcal and
cocktailing tales with others
• Credibility with the on-trade is essential; be part of that community with existing network, bartender groups,
presence, and respect within the community of gatekeepers
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including writing and delivering presentations
• Deadline-oriented self-starter who is proactive and holds self to high standard of work quality
• Ability to interface with the distributor personnel
• Strong and active social media presence.
• Works well independently, without need of micromanagement; problem solver
• Preferred to be bilingual in both English and Spanish
• Ability to travel throughout Northern California required (with possibility for travel to Portland, OR and Seattle, WA.