About The Position
This position will drive sales through our three-tier distribution structure while achieving targeted distribution and revenue goals. You will create professional sales relationship with key liquor stores, c-stores, bars, night clubs, retailers and distributors in the defined territory. Create and implement account strategies and tactical plans within approved spending rates to achieve Company’s Goals and Objectives around distribution, availability, sell-thru, promotion, and pricing that will support volume and shared growth targets
- Build sales plan for off-premise and on-premise acquisitions in the sales territory
- Direct calls on accounts within the territory to sell in More Labs products, build relationships with owners and managers at accounts and increase visibility and velocities within accounts
- Establish effective distribution, display, promotional, and merchandising objectives through distributors in order to achieve overall Company business goals & objectives.
- Provide specific and current information to upper management on current market conditions, trends and quantity and quality of distributor performance. Communicate to management information and recommendations that will contribute to the development of brands, sales growth, and distributor effectiveness.
- Monitor and evaluate distributor and customer response to products. Track identified metrics, providing timely performance reports. Determine forecast levels for individual distributors to roll up to large scale forecast.
- Communicate and coordinate with independent brand ambassadors
- Train distributor and account staffs
- Assists with building and executing local marketing calendar and events
External Management Responsibilities
- Communicate expectations and monitor performance of Distributor through monthly benchmarking and quarterly performance reviews. Regularly assess, - Hold Distributors accountable for MR established standards for retail and on-premise space, position, arrangement and point-of-sale that protect the integrity of the MR brand to the consumer.
- Mange Distributor's cents per Case budget to ensure proper utilization of annual spending plan.
- Manage specific operating systems and standards, for management of, ordering & inventory management, quality control, selling and merchandising objectives and standards, program execution guidelines, pricing and discount management, and point of sale utilization.
- Must have 1+ years previous sales experience preferably in a three-tier beverage distribution system.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word).
- Proficiency in Business Trade Math (Margin, Mark Up, Inverse Margin, Blended Margin, Breakeven, Draft Profit and Pour Cost).
- Proficiency with revenue management and pricing.
- Ability to work night and weekends.
- Ability to lift and move products cases frequently.
- Live in the market for which the Area Sales Manager is responsible for.
- Must have valid driver’s license, registered and insured vehicle with clean record/background check.