About The Position
Momentum is looking for a passionate Field Activation Manager with account service skills to lead marketing activity and manage budgets against client goals and expectations within an assigned territory.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB
There’s never been a time quite like now to work with one of the most respected Mexican beer brand portfolios in the world. You’ll re-introduce, innovate, and manage regional activations as the country begins to reopen and beyond. We believe that what a brand does is more important than what it says (especially now) —we want you to help brands do amazing, unprecedented, wild things, creating experiences that people never forget.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE DOING IT AT MOMENTUM
Because the idea that a brand’s action is more important than its rhetoric is the key to our entire approach. It is all about the experience and we can—hands down, bar-none—create that better than anyone else. That’s not jargon or ego—it’s truth. Experience creates the connections that lead to loyalty, advocacy, and sales. So, we imagine and create those things here, in what we call the total brand experience. And how we do it is with genius, dedication, strategic thinking and working together as one fearless, handsome troop. Before you get any ideas, it’s important you know we’re serious about taking care of each other here. So, think on that. We work too closely not to have fun together. We work too smart not to make the world better. And we work too well not to continually push for more. Think on all that, too.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Momentum is looking for a passionate Field Activation Manager with account service skills to lead marketing activity and manage budgets against client goals and expectations within an assigned territory. You’ll manage client/agency/ambassador relationships, provide day-to-day guidance, and develop highly influential relationships with key sales and distributor audiences to build brands among target audiences, achieve growth, and perform against KPIs.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO (RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Main agency contact for ambassadors and sales team activating brand programming in Western Business Unit (Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle and Portland) on all daily operational needs, managing the relationships and expectations in accordance with agency philosophy.
- Lead recruiting, hiring, onboarding, and mentorship of ambassadors, fostering an environment of mutual respect and partnership, strategic thinking, appropriate risk taking, open lines of communication, on-going performance feedback, professional development, and adherence to agency policy.
- Develop comprehensive, custom training curriculum and facilitate ongoing and annual trainings.
- Co-create regional and individual KPIs with client, sales team, and agency.
- Oversee event tracking system that monitors field activity, KPI management, and budgets, sharing weekly and monthly results with clients.
- Manage all ambassador administration (bar spend/event budgets, market recaps, timesheet approvals, expense approvals, storage units, etc.). ensuring compliance to agency and program policies.
- Oversee agency budget lifecycle: estimates, invoices, costs incurred. Work closely with Momentum Finance to coordinate and track.
- Ensure quality control through market visits and spot checking (when applicable).
- Establish effective relationships across agency field teams and MOMO HQ account management teams ensuring client expectations and goals are met.
- Share best practices across regions, recommending implementation of new policies or programing as appropriate.
- Demonstrate a current working knowledge of alcohol sampling legal restrictions across multiple-states and municipalities
- Maintain a current working knowledge of relevant competitive and category landscape and provide regional competitive tracking and reporting.
- Manage/Maintain team TIPS Certification or equivalent required certification/compliance (e.g., TABC) across markets.
- Supports Momentum’s values
- All other duties as assigned
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR (QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS)
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Marketing
- 4+ years of relevant experience in a Beer, Wine or Spirits role and 1 year within the assigned market
- 1+ years agency experience (preferred)
- Experience managing and executing regional marketing programs, on and off premise
- Knowledge of local on-premise spirits market, including local laws & statutes
- Potential to develop strong client relationship and client management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and stay calm under pressure
- Self-starter, proven ability to “get-the-job-done”, that’s able to work independently and as part of a team
- Keen eye for detail combined with passion to guarantee accuracy and quality for all work submitted and published
- Strong writing skills with ability to communicate points-of-view succinctly, thoroughly, and convincingly
- Strong budget management skills
- Polished, professional demeanor, projects confidence and enthusiasm for the business
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Web-based reporting tools
- Travel as required by Client /Agency team
At Momentum Worldwide, we value diversity and the uniqueness of all people. We thrive in an inclusive environment, and we recruit, hire, and promote without regard to race, gender, age, color, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, citizenship, religion, sexual preference, military or veteran status, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability – or any other legally protected categories as set forth in the applicable state, federal or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment including training, compensation, benefits, and all other privileges of employment.