About The Position
You’ll be an integral part of managing a new alcohol beverage account, which is currently the number one imported Mexican beer portfolio in the U.S. with aggressive goals to keep driving US dominance across their entire portfolio.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB
You’ll be an integral part of leading the team inclusive of yearly brand planning and program development, in addition to being the daily client and account contact. You need to adopt our work-hard, play-hard mentality as we like to have fun working on these brands yet know there is a tremendous amount of rigor needed to keep at top of the Spirits category.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE DOING IT AT MOMENTUM
Because the idea that a brand’s action is more important than its rhetoric is the key to our entire approach. It is all about the experience and we can—hands down, bar-none—create that better than anyone else. That’s not jargon or ego—it’s truth. Experience creates the connections that lead to loyalty, advocacy and sales. So we imagine and create those things here, in what we call the total brand experience. And how we do it is with genius, dedication, strategic thinking and working together as one fearless, handsome troop. Before you get any ideas, it’s important you know we’re serious about taking care of each other here. So think on that. We work too closely not to have fun together. We work too smart not to make the world better. And we work too well not to continually push for more. Think on all that, too.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You’ll be an integral part of managing a new alcohol beverage account, which is currently the number one imported Mexican beer portfolio in the U.S. with aggressive goals to keep driving US dominance across their entire portfolio. Their aim is to keep reinforcing their position as a category leader by creating disruptive and innovative consumer-centric programming —and Momentum is going to partner with them to smash this goal. This supplier is fearless, often taking a bold stance with their marketing efforts and moves with velocity when they see an opportunity. As Momentum, we are working toward building a strong relationship with them while we set the foundation by building a best-in-class team that can keep up with our clients’ pace, creates partnership and delivers work that exceeds expectation. We are insight based, strategically minded and creatively courageous. We are looking for the right person to work hard and play hard with us.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO (RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Serving as an integral member of account team within the agency for client(s) with responsibility for developing and managing client business, liaising between the Chicago and NY office
- Providing Alc Bev category expertise and leadership in guiding internal teams across the agency to meet client goals ensuring that brand strategy and objectives are being met
- Developing rapport with clients, partner agencies and sponsorship partners, troubleshooting conflicts as they arise
- Leading the development and activation of strategic solutions (sponsorship activation, event marketing, sales promotions, and appropriate media support) which build brand equity and deliver results for the client
- Planning and executing assignments that are on strategy, on time and on budget
- Delivering polished client presentations
- Actively contributing to overall idea generation with agency team
- Overseeing the financial aspects of the programs/account(s)
- Manage and mentor direct report(s); fostering an environment of mutual respect and partnership, strategic thinking, appropriate risk taking, open lines of communication, on-going performance feedback, professional development and adherence to agency policy.
- Supporting Momentum’s values
- All other duties as assigned
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR (QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 6+ years of relevant marketing experience
- Agency experience a plus
- Experience managing/training/mentoring more junior team members
- Proven success in collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team in achieving established objectives
- Regularly delivers quality work (creatively and strategically solid) within budget parameters
- Proven leadership of clients and partners
- Strong digital and social media skills – understanding of digital ecosystem
- Highly organized as well as ability to be highly flexible in a fast paced atmosphere
- Experience working on large clients/projects with many moving parts
- Experience building and managing budgets
- Proactive self-starter, able to identify projects and tasks, and see them through execution
- Organized with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time efficiently between accounts and projects
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, resourceful
- Polished, professional demeanor, team player
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to changes quickly and efficiently
At Momentum Worldwide, we value diversity and the uniqueness of all people. We thrive in an inclusive environment, and we recruit, hire and promote without regard to race, gender, age, color, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, citizenship, religion, sexual preference, military or veteran status, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability – or any other legally protected categories as set forth in the applicable state, federal or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment including training, compensation, benefits and all other privileges of employment.