Contract Sales Consultant/Portfolio Manager - Lake Geneva
Posted Nov 20
Company Overview: Momentum Beverage, is a leading independent beverage distributor. We supply wine and spirits to restaurants, hotels and retail operations throughout the states of Colorado, Illinois, and Wisconsin.
ABOUT THIS JOB:
Executes programs through personal selling designed to maximize the sale and distribution of Momentum Beverage Team brands with existing and prospective retail accounts in assigned area. This is a 1099, commission based position with uncapped earnings to start. Territory is Lake Geneva/Beloit/Janesville.
- Develops positive relationships with customers and prospective customers.
- Calls on accounts to provide service and merchandising support.
- Demonstrates strong personal selling, time management, public speaking skills.
- Ensures timely execution of objectives and priorities.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, or 4 years sales experience.
- Valid Driver’s license and clean DMV record.
- Required to successfully pass a physical examination.
- Required to lift and move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and color vision.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Marketing
- Previous sales experience.
- Experience reading and comprehending simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Experience writing simple correspondence. Experience effectively presenting information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Skilled in calculating figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Knowledge of the concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Skilled in basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint) functions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Needed
- Character to lead and motivate
- Capacity to Identify Opportunities
- Commitment to success in a highly competitive environment
- Ability to conflict resolution to get to a win-win
- Confidence to implement programs and initiatives
- Communication skills to articulate vision and desired results
- Compromise to effectively evaluate programs and redirect as necessary
- Territory Management
- Customer driven and consumer focused
- Comfortable with cold calling on accounts to sell in distribution and programming
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.