About The Position
Mike’s Hot Honey is a fast-growing food brand based out of Brooklyn, NY. The brand has grown from humble bootstrapped beginnings to national distribution, is often a top 200 grocery item on Amazon, and is a favorite among social media!
Overview: Mike’s Hot Honey is a fast-growing food brand based out of Brooklyn, NY. The brand has grown from humble bootstrapped beginnings to national distribution, is often a top 200 grocery item on Amazon, and is a favorite among social media & the press. The brand is well funded and exceeding lofty expectations.
Responsibilities of this function include, but are not limited to, working with all departments, meeting strict deadlines, and delivering numerical accuracy. As a Financial Analyst, your work, whether it's modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. While working on multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to solve big picture challenges. This role reports directly to the Director of Finance.
· Support full P&L reporting and monthly variance analysis of actual financial performance vs. budget / forecast
· Develop and analyze key performance indictors including all areas of revenue, costs of goods sold, expenses and capital expenditures as well as cross functional KPI’s
· Support Director of Finance to produce critical daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting internally to senior management as well as quarterly Board reporting
· Address ad-hoc queries from cross functional leadership to support business initiatives
· Manage the integrity of the company’s long-term financial models, including planning, forecasting, and budgeting
· Data leadership
- Join data from multiple sources to create new reports and KPI tools for management
- Improve current reports, such as by linking live data source to existing model
- Create detailed reports that dissect information on current reports to provide deeper insight into the business
- Ensure data integrity across all internal and external reports
· Provide analyses that allow management to make decisions, both on a short-term and long-term basis
Necessary skills and characteristics:
- Excellent communication, both spoken and written
- Ability to extract insights from data and communicate those insights to the team/audience
- Advanced Excel
- QuickBooks Online
- SQL (additional query language knowledge a plus)
- Visual Basic
- Tableau or other data visualization tool experience a plus
- Strong technical skills and the ability to adapt to new information systems
- Accounting knowledge
- CPG, retail and/or e-commerce experience
- Supply chain/logistics experience
- A curious and quick study, someone who is on top of the business issues and details
- Entrepreneurial mindset, positive, growth oriented with good judgement. Ability to get things done, at times with limited resources and tight deadlines
- High emotional intelligence, with an ability to have open conversations with peers and managers without being defensive. Able to roll with the punches.
- Integrity, credibility and honesty are a must
· Four-year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferably in Finance, Accounting, or Data Science
· 1-3+ years industry experience with budgeting/planning, financial modeling, and decision analytics (experience in Food/Beverage CPG is a plus)
· Experience building dashboards and other visual tools
· This position is ideally based out of our Brooklyn, NY headquarters
· Some travel (< 10%) will be required – to warehouses, key vendors, etc.
· Collaborative relationships with the sales, marketing, and operations team are vital to success
To apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.