Middle West Spirits
Distributor, Restaurant, Production and Manufacturing, Manufacturer, and SupplierView Full Profile
About The Position
Joining the Middle West Spirits sales team means you will be responsible for helping grow our company sales of Middle West Branded Bourbons and Whiskey’s, OYO Vodka’s, and Vim & Petal Gins. As a key member of our branded sales team, you’ll be focused on securing new business accounts and servicing the needs of the existing sales accounts within your assigned territory.
What You Are Responsible For:
What You Are Responsible For:
- Maintain a visible and value-adding presence in the market both with key retailers and distributors through distributor work-withs, and independently, effectively influence retailer purchase decisions on behalf of Middle West Spirits
- Proactive and effective evaluation & management of distributor inventory levels
- Deliver relevant training to Bartenders/Waitstaff and to Off-premise decision-makers via both presentations and work-with’s to build distributor knowledge of, and belief-in, Middle West Spirits and its World Class Portfolio.
- Establish stretching but achievable volume & distribution goals for Distributors/Brokers on key packages and, together with distributor, puts in place activities to achieve targets
- Build Distributor/Broker Annual Business Plans that set priorities, expectations and successfully delivery plans, programs and volume/distribution targets. Deliver ABP with Senior Management distributor personnel.
- Recommend tactical activities that work well in their individual territory, identifies incremental business building opportunities and works with National Sales Manager to secure the resources to deliver the activities
- Ensure account target lists are developed along-side Distributor/Broker and focus is prioritized against them
- Regularly analyzes market performance in order to ensure goals are on track and achieved, and is able to course correct when off-track. Regularly reviews Distributor/Broker performance against plan (volume & distribution) and has structured method of communicating pros and cons back to Distributor/Broker
- Conducts Distributor sales meetings and quarterly business reviews
- Monitors all in-market spend, ensures investments are effective and efficient, helping to achieve market profit goals
- Effectively prioritizes, proactively communicates, and maintains a high level of professionalism in all aspects of their work.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3-5 Years experience within the Beverage Alcohol industry with concentration in Sales
- Strong understanding of on -premise and off-premise retailer environment and three-tier system
- Demonstrated ability to develop/maintain effective working relationships and influence with Distributors/Brokers and key accounts
- Capable of digesting and delivering brand knowledge in a persuasive manner to customers
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- Numerical and analytical acumen in order to identify patterns, issues & opportunities
- Strong communication skills: verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office & Excel, Power Point, mastery of internal reporting account market/account level system
- Some Travel and being able to work flexible hours in order to accommodate customer schedule
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Requires a current state driver's license, with an ability to meet company vehicle insurance requirements
- Alcohol Beverage Commission (ABC) License, as required by the state – OH Solicitors License
- Other Requirements
- Ability to regularly operate a motor vehicle.
- Physical Demands: The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 45 pounds (the equivalent of a case of liquor)
- Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The Intangibles We’re Looking For:
- Self starter: Takes the initiative to deliver solutions with modest amount of day-to-day direction.
- Positive presence: Brings a contagious positive energy and leaves a positive impression on others
- Determined: Manages and overcomes obstacles as a regular course of business
- Results Orientation: Owns and is fully accountable for achieving results
- Committed to learning & development: Seeks to learn, grown & develop continuously
- Self-aware: Understand their individual impact on others
- Integrity: Makes every effort to deliver on commitments, is truthful & honest, treats others with respect
- Team Player: Helps sell Middle West products not designated by their responsibility and is concerned with more than just their market
- Reports To National Sales Director
- Direct Reports 4-5