About The Position
The candidate will join our logistics team and handle international container freight, importation, domestic freight and other logistics and fulfillment functions.
Career opportunity available at a dynamic growing leader in the beverage alcohol industry. We have an immediate need to fill an open fulltime Logistics Associate position (experience is preferred). In this role, you would be an integral contributor on the logistics team handling a variety of tasks. The role reports directly to the logistics manager. Advancement opportunities available for individuals with proven logistical skills and drive to succeed.
As a strong candidate for Logistics Associate, you are:
A Team Player: You welcome the opportunity to roll up your sleeves and jump into whatever is needed, while balancing varying levels of responsibilities and multiple work streams. You thrive on working within a team environment and doing everything necessary to ensure you and the team are successful.
A Relationship Builder: You are an effective, proactive, and transparent communicator with the ability to build and uphold strong relationships with internal management and staff, clients, outside vendors and partners. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
A Results Oriented Individual: You have demonstrated success in delivering results, proactively overcoming obstacles, and driving change in a high growth business. You embrace challenges and are not afraid to contribute to overall team initiatives as well as execute daily tasks.
Major Duties / Responsibilities for Logistics Associate:
- Create purchase orders and enter them into the company’s ERP System
- Work with freight forwarders and domestic carriers to get quotes and arrange freight
- Work with suppliers and clients to gather and review the paperwork necessary for importation
- Coordinate with our US Customs Broker to customs clear all imports
- Arrange domestic cross country and inter-state transfers
- Liaise with our warehouse partner to receive the shipments into the warehouse
- Work closely with other departments to achieve timely and accurate results
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State regulatory requirements
- Manage a shared email box with heavy amounts of daily communication
- Provide superior customer service to our clients, customers and stakeholders
- Perform other duties as assigned
What background and experience are preferred for Logistics Associate?
- 2+ years of experience with international importation via a U.S. customs broker and / or
- 2+ years of experience arranging freight with international freight forwarders and domestic carriers
- Proven attention to detail with reviewing importation documents
- Prior history of entering accurate and timely data into an ERP system
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with customer service and client interaction
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ERP systems
- Experience in the Beverage Alcohol Industry is a tremendous plus!
Medical, Dental, 401K, Paid Time Off, Paid Holiday’s, FSA (Flexible Spending Account), Employee Assistance Program
MHW reinvented how alcoholic beverages go to market in the United States and provides market-leading solutions for market access, sales fulfillment, and compliance management to alcoholic beverage companies globally. We have helped many highly successful brands in alcohol enter and excel in the US market. We are a leader in the industry, leveraging a start-up mentality and team-first approach to successfully achieve our initiatives and company goals.
We are growing quickly as we help alcohol companies achieve outsized success in a highly competitive environment. To support this growth, we are looking to add talent to our logistics team responsible for front line support for our global client-base of alcoholic beverage companies. The Logistics Associate role is a dynamic role critical to our mission of empowering beverage companies to prosper. The candidate will join our logistics team and handle international container freight, importation, domestic freight and other logistics and fulfillment functions.
MHW was named a Top Employee-Retention Company by Force Brands - Join us as we continue driving innovation and evolution in the beverage alcohol industry!