About The Position
We are looking to immediately fill an open full time Compliance position. In this role, you would be responsible for assisting the Compliance department on a variety of regulatory and customer service related tasks. This position reports directly to the Compliance Manager.
We are growing quickly as we help alcohol companies achieve outsized success in a highly competitive environment. To support this growth, we are looking to add talent to our compliance team. Our compliance department is a team of experts across all areas of beverage alcohol compliance. As our company grows, so does our clients’ need to find innovative solutions in order to remain successful. You would join our team to execute core compliance activities and partner with our clients to help provide them access to the US alcohol market so they can prosper and thrive.
As a strong candidate for this position, you are:
A Team Player: You welcome the opportunity to roll up your sleeves and jump into whatever is needed, while balancing varying levels of responsibilities and multiple work streams. You thrive on working within a team environment and doing everything necessary to ensure you and the team are successful.
A Relationship Builder: You are an effective, proactive, and transparent communicator with the ability to build and uphold strong relationships with internal management and staff, clients, outside vendors and partners. Your written and verbal communication skills are superior and exemplify professionalism.
A Results Oriented Individual: You have demonstrated success in delivering results, proactively overcoming obstacles, and driving change in a high growth business. You embrace challenges and aren’t afraid to contribute to overall team initiatives as well as execute daily tasks.
- Leveraging subject matter expertise in United States federal and state beverage alcohol product compliance to execute daily activities
- Comprehending, interpreting, and communicating compliance regulations to clients
- Evaluating product compliance requests for accuracy and readiness on behalf of our clients
- Preparing and filing federal and state compliance applications to obtain required regulatory product approval
- Advising clients of product approvals and providing comprehensive guidance to resolve regulatory deficiencies if the approval was denied
- Demonstrating urgency when pursuing product compliance approvals based on the awareness that such approval is a prerequisite to our clients’ ability to facilitate wholesale and/or retail customer sales
- Evaluating sample requests and marketing events that our clients participate in to ensure they are compliant
- Resolving issues with products that fail our internal purchase order compliance validation process
- Engaging regularly with our customer service teams and other departments to provide compliance solutions for interdepartmental client requests
- Communicating with distributors and / or vendors to provide compliance information necessary to facilitate the sale of our clients’ product
- Managing high volume of communication via phone and email with our clients and federal/state regulatory agencies
- Learning and following established task management policies and internal data management software processes
- Prioritizing and managing a wide variety of daily tasks
- Delivering superior customer service to our clients, customers, and stakeholders
- Generating recurring reports to facilitate client visibility in their active markets
- Perform other duties as assigned
What background and experience is needed?
- 0-2 + years within a legal/administrative or customer service related industry
- 0-2 + years of data entry experience
- An exhibited passion for customer service
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional organization and task management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience within the Beverage Alcohol Industry is a tremendous plus but not required
Medical, Dental, 401K, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, FSA (Flexible Spending Account), Employee Assistance Program
MHW reinvented how alcoholic beverages go to market in the United States and provides market-leading solutions for market access, sales fulfillment, and compliance management to alcoholic beverage companies globally. We have helped many highly successful brands in alcohol enter and excel in the US market. We are a leader in the industry, leveraging a start-up mentality and team-first approach to successfully achieve our initiatives and company goals.
MHW was named a Top Employee-Retention Company by Force Brands - Join us as we continue driving innovation and evolution in the beverage alcohol industry!