About The Position
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letter need only include why you're interested in working with us and why you'd be a good fit for our organization. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
About 101 Cider House and Pulp Culture by McTavish Brands
We are a family of beverage brands. More specifically, we produce and distribute the healthiest alcoholic beverages on the planet. Our core brands, Pulp Culture and 101 Cider House, are known as market leaders in the ‘better for you’ adult beverage category. All of our living beverages are alcoholic, probiotic, and contain zero sugar.
Pulp Culture was launched in 2020, the first brand in a new category of “Hard Pressed Juice.” To put it simply…… it’s just juice, fermented. We blend super fruits, botanical adaptogens, and super mushrooms to create functional fermented beverages. Crafted by Mother Nature, and enjoyed by fun-loving folks who believe in the pursuit of better.
101 Cider House is the original “adults only” juice bar. We source our ingredients along the famed 101 Highway, which connects our Los Angeles cider house to growers up and down the US Pacific Coast. We keep it simple, our juice is spontaneously fermented and aged for 3 months to product a naturally alcoholic and certified probiotic beverage.
Requirements (the must haves)
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must reside in the greater Seattle area, and have a firm grasp on the unique consumer culture of the territory
- A passion for the “better for you” food & beverage sales industry
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company
- An entrepreneurial drive and attitude of a self-starter
- Outgoing personality and comfort with meeting new people and speaking with strangers
- Excellent writing and phone communication skills
- Strong organizational skills for managing hundreds of accounts
- General computer and social media skills
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and proof of insurance
- The ability to travel frequently in a personal vehicle
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours - many nights and/or weekends required
- Professional, punctual, communicative and adaptive, able to roll with the punches and play it by ear when the situation calls for it
- Must be able to comfortably lift 40lbs
- Requires walking, standing, and driving
- Requires frequent bending, stooping, pulling, and pushing
Preferred but not required
- Beverage industry experience
- 1 to 3 years sales experience
- College degree or equivalent work experience
Duties & Responsibilities (a day in the life)
- Ultimately responsible for increasing sales output and building brand awareness for all McTavish Brands by building and managing relationships
- Will come to possess and be able to convey a detailed knowledge of the history, production process, and overall message of the brands
- Works closely with and is in constant contact with our distribution partners, supporting in sales efforts and joint company goals
- Tracks progress for hundreds of customers, and determines regularity for outreach based on their unique needs
- Records customer sales orders, conducts follow ups, and confirms timely and accurate order delivery
- Utilizes CRM system to record interactions with customers and optimize daily schedule
- Directs and provides assistance to customers with implementing effective merchandising and consumer awareness
- As per current safety measures, conducts most business interactions online, over the phone, and via video conference in a work from home setting. COVID-compliant account visits and product demonstrations currently take place approximately one day per week.
- When it is declared safe to do so by public health authorities, travels throughout assigned territory to call on existing and prospective customers while providing tastings, marketing materials, and education about the brands - this is a position requiring travel and is not performed in a typical office setting
- When it is declared safe to do so by public health authorities, regularly conducts on site sampling demonstrations on weekdays or weekends as needed
- When it is declared safe to do so by public health authorities, regularly schedules, organizes and attends events such as tap takeovers & festivals
Schedule & Compensation
Full time position with a compensation package of $25/hour + bonus, typically requiring a Monday to Friday schedule, but often necessitating some work being performed on nights and weekends. A health benefits package including dental is offered, paid vacation, sick days, company phone provided, fitness program membership reimbursement, flexible schedule, and a fun & relaxed company culture.
Equal Opportunity Employer
McTavish Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital/familial status.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.