About The Position
If you care about healthy delicious food that has a positive environmental impact, Matriark Foods is the place for you! Join this fast-paced accelerating business and make an impact through business.
Matriark Foods, Director of Sales (Full-Time)
Matriark Foods is a recognized leader in making delicious, healthy, versatile foodservice products with a positive environmental impact. Matriark products are good for people and good for the planet.
Matriark is seeking a seasoned, energetic, organized, high-performing, and motivated individual to join our founding team. If you are passionate about access to healthy food and positive environmental impact, enjoy fast-paced start-up life, and have a track record of significant sales, please apply. Applications must include CV and Cover Letter describing your interest, qualifications, and enthusiasm for the job.
The Director of Sales for Matriark Foods believes in the power of business to transform systems and knows that a successful business is built on strong, long-term relationships. The Director of Sales will report to the CEO and CFO and will be an integral part of a small, intense, fun, and hardworking team. This person will be ambitious to help make Matriark Foods into a high-growth, impactful national brand through the acceleration and management of robust sales.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Align Matriark with key market operators, with a focus on multi-unit chains
- Expand distribution to include strategic market partnerships
- Guide exponential growth within key foodservice segments: corporate dining, Higher Education, hospitals, eldercare including noncommercial operators, commercial quick-service operators/fast casual, K-12.
- Identify, prioritize, and call on the Nation’s top multi-unit chains and hospitality accounts in the market, with a focus on 5-25 unit chains.
- Directly responsible for maintaining and upselling existing accounts.
- Maintain and grow existing distribution, as well as expanding our distributor partnerships.
- Accountable to sales and spend budgets (trade spend and T&E).
- Build annual sales forecast for portfolio based on accurate pipeline management.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal stakeholders
- Build and manage sales database with Sales Assistant
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proven track record in selling direct accounts (operator and distributor) and executing all aspects of the sales cycle from prospecting to close.
- Aptitude for pricing and contract negotiation.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Specific industry knowledge of the multi-unit QSR/FSR landscape.
- Specific industry knowledge of the non-commercial 3rd party management landscape.
- Experience in specialty/natural retail is a plus
- Understanding of retail prepped foods is a plus
- Ability to interpret industry shifts and creatively pivot sales strategy based on external environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (email, Excel, Word, Powerpoint) and Google Suite
- Proficiency in managing databases
- 3-7 years sales experience within a CPG brand; a specific focus on foodservice
partners. Relationships with Foodbuy a plus.
- A passion for food justice and the environment
- Excellent writing and communication skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent ability to consistently meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Willingness to work in a small, lean team of self-starters, and work through the weeds when crunch-time hits
- Experience with setting goals and deadlines, and keeping a team on schedule to meet deadlines
- Motivated self-learner with exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position with eligibility for benefits including paid vacation and holidays, paid sick leave, and health/dental insurance.
START DATE: as soon as we find the right candidate
TO APPLY: Please email your resume, cover letter, and three references (include name, relationship, phone number, and email address) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Matriark Foods is an equal opportunity employer.