About The Position
As the Merchandising Manager, you will drive sustainable Point of Sale for Jägermeister and be part of the evolution of the digital shopper & consumer experience.
As the Merchandising Manager, you will drive sustainable sustainable Point of Sale for Jägermeister and be part of evolution of the digital shopper & consumer experience. You will partner with the commercial marketing, design team, and external vendors. You will support the FMM’s to fulfil local point of sale needs in a sustainable fashion, you will have the opportunity to work with the Global team for international collaboration and brand alignment. You have strong commercial and marketing business knowledge that can link the pre, during and post-consumer experiences.
You are organized and can manage multiple projects with tight deadlines, and juggle changing priorities. You have a background in marketing and/or promotions, can work across departments and have a take-charge attitude. You love process but stay agile so you can pivot quickly. You are a creative and strategic project manager and able to take a concept and put into motion.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ownership of program materials: Sourcing and Development, Order Collection and Procurement, oversee Inbound and Fulfillment, process Invoices and record Budget, monitor Inventory and Sales and Use reporting.
- Provide sustainable solutions and eco-friendly thinking to the development of programs, encouraging socially responsible decision making.
- Identify and explore partners, vendors and/or solutions to digitally interact with consumers pre, during and post shopping (ex but not limited to Ibotta, Catalina, Neptune, eCommerce, etc)
- Digital Shopper’s journey: follow industry trends and provide forward thinking for reduction in physical POS materials and increase in digital presence
- Participate and brainstorm in the concept development of marketing programs, chain programs, local events and other marketing initiatives: providing sustainable POS inputs and perspective along with ideation and suggestions.
- Work with the Directors/Manager of On and Off Premise Commercial Marketing to coordinate the development of all point of sale materials, from concept to fulfillment. Including but not limited to on premise visibility items and bar merchandise, consumer promotional items and wearables, off premise shelf merchandising materials, print and both permanent and corrugate displays, secondary packaging and branded merchandise.
- Work closely with the Director/Manager On and Off Premise Commercial Marketing, MJUS Design team and external agencies through the Asana project management tool: monitoring timelines, communicating specification and deadlines, working together to meet production needs and gaining internal and legal approvals.
- Assist Commercial Team leads with ensuring all materials meet brand standards, are on brand strategy, are brand compliant and are legal compliant.
- Responsible for set up, maintenance and accuracy of programs within the internal POS purchasing and management tool. Utilize tool for all RFQs, POs, Allocations, Shipping, Order Reporting and Financial Reporting.
- Assist Commercial Team leads in the management of the POS budget including determining quantity needs and pricing for all items and ensuring all materials are within budget. Responsible for maintaining, monitoring, tracking and communicating this budget through internal processes.
- Provide creative thinking for new/revised POS on a regular basis, including monitoring competitive brands both on and off premise, reading trade publications, reading salesforce reports and regularly communicating with the field to better understand their needs. This can include attending Trade Shows and Market Visits, currently virtually.
- Ability to use advanced functions in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Word, advanced Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Marketing, Communication, a plus+)
- Basic shopper marketing and path to purchase understanding so that we can ensure that the candidates are capable of the transition.
- Beer, wine, or spirits experience a plus
- Previous marketing or promotions experience (2 years+)
- Familiarity with traffic and/or project management processes and procedures
- Knowledge of point-of-sale development (general awareness of POS terms, production logistics, etc.)
- Ability to perform duties of a highly confidential nature
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Highly competitive compensation packages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Yearly wellness stipend (gym membership or fitness classes)
- Generous holiday and vacation policy